Sainsbury’s Skin Therapy Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think this is why they state on the label that these are ‘unique’
  • I would highly recommend these cleansing wipes

• by jeanne71

I buy different brands of facial cleansing wipes all the time and these Skin Therapy Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes, exclusive to Sainsbury’s, are particularly good as they are so moist. I was surprised at how foamy they are as they are infused with so much cleansing product. Usually I would only use cleansing wipes to remove the bulk of my make-up and then I would wash my face out of necessity to get make-up and impurities out of my pores as most wipes do not manage that as they are not moist enough.

But with these I feel that they get my skin much cleaner. I think this is why they state on the label that these are ‘unique’. Of the Skin Therapy range of wipes, these ‘Gentle’ ones are for sensitive skin, dermatologically tested and promising to leave it clean and soothed.

For cleansing I find them very good. They are a good size wipe and nice and thick and they are infused with a foaming cleanser that makes a foamy ‘hissing’ sound as I wipe them over my face. I almost feel as though I am using a wipe that is quite soapy and bubbly. I find they remove all my make-up very efficiently – I always need two wipes to remove all my make-up as I wear the lot – and they are even effective at removing my waterproof eye make-up, although I should stress that the label does warn us not to get them into contact with the eyes. I have run out of eye make-up remover at the moment so I have been using them anyway and I find them effective and I can say ...

• Sainsbury's Skin Therapy Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes
      I have had no problems, even using them around my eye area.

For soothing they are also very good. I have quite dry, ageing skin and yet they leave my skin feeling well moisturized which is excellent for a facial wipe. There is no stinging or harsh feeling and I have certainly had no allergic reaction or redness as a result even though my skin is pretty quick to have a reaction if a product disagrees with it. They result is very clean feeling, hydrated skin.

You get 25 wipes in a packet, the packaging

of which is good because it has a resealable cellophane flap that actually sticks back down well so it keeps the wipes from drying out. I cannot remember the exact price but they were pretty cheap and yet I think they are a very good product. I am also pleased to read on the label that ‘we are against animal testing and fund research into alternatives’ which seems to be a blanket claim by Sainsbury’s which must be their policy on all their beauty products which is fantastic. I would highly recommend these cleansing wipes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114071191840831/k2311a0714/7.14.10