Araneta Coliseum  » Theatre  »
Araneta Center, Cubao Quezon City
  • Bad people can easily disguise themselves and can have their victims there, so sad to imagine

• by Grecy

Araneta Coliseum is an indoor stadium that holds a gathering like Concerts, Pageant and Basketball games like of PBA (Philippine Basketball Association) and UAAP (University Athletic Association of the Philippines). I am part of the audience whenever I am watching UAAP. It can have a 21,000 people inside including the standing room.

Araneta is a great venue indeed, it is big outside and around and inside it are different stalls of food and malls like Gateway and Farmers. Whey you enter the coliseum, you thought it was big but it is only on the average size inside. It only looks big on television screen. There are different parts of seats, depending on the payments. These are Ring Side, Patron, Upper A and B and General Admission.

I experienced to sit in General Admission when all the tickets from

Ring Side to Upper A and B were all sold out. The seat are all worn out, it look old. It is clean but do not look clean. On that place, that is very far, you cannot see the faces of the player anymore. You can only watch on the large video screen on the middle top of the coliseum. If you want to be in that venue for cheaper prices you can sit in General Admission, but if the topic is about enjoying the game or show, it is less enjoyable there.

I experienced to seat on Upper B too. Most of the time that is our type of seat which we can afford and enjoy watching at the same time. If you will seat on the lower side near the upper side of Upper A,

• you can still what you are watching. You can see the heads of the player and if they committed foul. When you sit on the upper part of Upper B, looks like you are still seating on the General Admission side.

Moreover, sitting on Upper A is just perfect for me. I feel closer to the player, not really hat close. Upper A is still affordable and you can see everything there wherever you are sit. I have not experienced to sit on Ring Side or Patron because mostly those people who sit there are VIP’s and celebrities and family of the players. I am talking about UAAP here. For sure the situation is not the same when you are watching PBA and Concerts as tickets are served first come first serve.

If I will

rate Araneta 1-10 I will still give 10. Araneta is a legend. There were so many activities happened there and until now it is still a perfect venue for everything. I forgot abou the management and staff. They are not that strict, they will check on your tickets and bags as soon as you enter but they are not checking it seriously. I remember one time there was a commotion there, someone was robbed and one people came out of the venue with a bleeding nose. Bad people can easily disguise themselves and can have their victims there, so sad to imagine.

My advice, be alert on that kind of venue. When I am going there, I do not bring a lot of money. I have a body bag, I do not talk to stranger and I am very alert.

abie jacinto says :

is it ok to bring dslr camera to the concert of toni gonzaga tommorow?

grecy replies :

We bring digital camera hidden in our purse, however most of the pictures are low in quality compare with DLSR. I am not sure if you can bring it, or at least find a way to hide it so that it will not confiscate. Anyway, concert is why you are up to there so I do not think any reason why you are being prohibited.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3214071191460731/k2311a0714/7.14.10