Ketoprofen (Apoket) OTC for muscle pain  » Medicine  »
  • Every once in a while I experience extreme muscle pain accompanied by pounding headaches
  • I would recommend this for mild-moderate pain, but intake should not be prolonged

• by Carlisle

Every once in a while I experience extreme muscle pain accompanied by pounding headaches. This was due to my intense gym workout. This stops me from doing my normal activities for that day. Sometimes it would even last for several days. Irritability and intense outburst of emotion are common during these times. I have tried several pain relievers, but the one that has really worked for me was Ketoprofen (Apoket).

What’s Ketoprofen (Apoket)?

Ketoprofen (Apoket) is used for Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, mild to moderate

pain, aches, fever and dysmenorrhea. It comes in 25 mg, 50 mg and 75 mg capsules. Ketoprofen (Apoket) is known to produce anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-fever effects.

How is this medication taken?

I took this medication orally using the 75 mg capsules. Within minutes, the relief from pain was immediately felt. It almost felt like anaesthesia that numbed all the aching muscles in my body. I was completely amazed by how fast and effective this drug was in eliminating my severe muscle pain.

Important ...

• Considerations:

The only downside that I had experienced with this drug was when I took it without eating anything. Several minutes later, I experienced a sharp burning sensation in my stomach. I called my friend who was a doctor and advised me to take Ketoprofen (Apoket) 30 minutes before or 2 hours before with a full glass of water to prevent stomach upset. I was also told that taking this medication with milk will help. According to the attached leaflet, side-effects of this

drug are sunlight sensitivity, hearing and vision problems and gastrointestinal problems. People taking this drug are advised to stop the medication and consult the doctor for further evaluation.

My advice:

Compared to other drugs in the same class, Ketoprofen (Apoket) has one of the most minimal side-effects that I had experienced in my consistent search of a better and even more effective drug for my frequent muscle pains. I would recommend this for mild-moderate pain, but intake should not be prolonged. I give this product a 9.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2614071191090631/k2311a0714/7.14.10