Kate Quick Eyeliner in Black  » Cosmetics  »
  • I chose this new brand Kate by Kanebo to use as a liquid eyeliner because I know that Kanebo is a good Japanese Brand and they have been in the business for years
  • So then I found this, black container that has Kate Quick Liner written on it
  • I have thin lashes, and so I like to get BLACK so that when I put it on my eyelid, I get an illusion that I have thick lashes
  • The color is BLACK, but the problem is that the blackness it has is a little dull
  • I think about 3 layers and then I am done

• by dzzy21rn

I have been using liquid eyeliner for years. I have used expensive brands, cheap brands, and they all look the same to me. I chose this new brand Kate by Kanebo to use as a liquid eyeliner because I know that Kanebo is a good Japanese Brand and they have been in the business for years. If they were not as great, I would not have bothered buying this from them.

This can easily be found in Watson’s, and I saw the department that sells it. Kate by Kanebo has a lot of products on hand but I chose to purchase their Black Liquid Eyeliner that has people raving about it. The tip is the key I think. I will elaborate on that in a little while.

So then I found this, black container that has Kate Quick Liner written on it. Very minimal design, and the container is also like a thick ballpen. Like a pentel pen, actually. The price is about Php 800 (about $12 roughly). For

the price, I really could not ask for more. This was a Kanebo branch of brands. This was something that people all over Asia are raving about. So I took it home with me, bought this right away. I did not even try it anymore.

I bought the BLACK color. I am not sure about the other colors, but I just chose BLACK because I am Asian and my eyelash color is dark, dark brown. I have thin lashes, and so I like to get BLACK so that when I put it on my eyelid, I get an illusion that I have thick lashes.

Opening it up, I saw the tip that people wanted. It is really like a pentel pen that has a thin felt tip. It is not a brush. It is not blunt like the others. It is really a precise tip that is very firm and will not bend when I put it on my eyelid.

Putting it in my upper eyelids is very easy. I ...

• just line it like I do a ball point pen. The application is very, very precise. Even a very thin line is easy to draw because of the tip.I put it over my upper eyelids, very near the lash line to create the illusion that I have a thick lash roots and black lashes. I even tried to put wing tips on the corners of my eyes. It is very, very easy to use.

The color is BLACK, but the problem is that the blackness it has is a little dull. The black is not blackest black. It is kind of greyish black, not the deep pure black that I wanted. The consistency of the liquid dye is also a little fluid. I notice that when I put it on, that when I go back one layer it feels kind of wet. It does dry out though after a couple of seconds. Maybe 10 seconds and it is all set. However, I feel that I have to keep

on layering the product to be able to get the same effect that I get for the local, cheaper brands that I have used. I think about 3 layers and then I am done.

This is the variant that is not water proof. I once was able to use a KATE liquid eyeliner that is water proof. But the only downside is that it is very difficult to remove it. I had to get the KATE eye makeup remover just to be able to remove it. With this one, I can simply go under the shower and it will wash off rather easily. The downside with this is that simple sweat or a little rub on the eyelid will remove it right away.

I think this is a good product. I hope that KATE by KANEBO will make a formulation that is highly pigmented so that I will not have to continuously layer the product always all the time just to get the amount of pigment that I want.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114071191040631/k2311a0714/7.14.10