Glazed Meatloaf recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I thought it was a fantastic recipe until I tried this one
  • I love this new recipe because it is new and has a great flavor

• by duckfan

I made the same meatloaf for my family for years. It was my mother’s meatloaf recipe and the one her mother used before her. I thought it was a fantastic recipe until I tried this one. I love this new recipe because it is new and has a great flavor. I now only make this recipe. The pros of

this recipe is that it is sweet in flavor and kids seem to like it and like most meatloaf recipes it is cheap and very simple to make.

Ingredients: 2 pounds of lean ground beef 1/4 cup lemon juice (optional) 1/2 cup ketchup 1/3 cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon mustard powder 1 1/2 slices bread, broken up into small pieces or 1 cup breadcrumb 1/4 ...

• cup chopped onion 1 egg, beaten 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Take the bouillon cube and break it into a powder. Depending on the type you have you may need a mortar or you may do it with a knife.

In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mustard powder.

In a

second, larger bowl, combine the ground beef, bread or bread crumbs and the onion, and egg, bouillon, remaining lemon juice and 1/3 of the ketchup mixture from the small bowl. Mix this well and place in loaf pan. Cover with remaining ketchup mixture and cook at 350 for 1 hour. You will need to drain the fat well and let is sit for a minute when it comes out of the oven.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4914071190970631/k2311a0714/7.14.10