Timex T70981 Kids Digital Velcro Stretch Strap Watch
  • When I buy one for myself I think mostly of looks, for kids I think about whether they will think it is cool and how quickly they can break it
  • My son wanted a cool new watch and knowing how fast he can destroy things, I bought one I thought could hold up to him
  • I paid around $15 for this watch and think I have gotten my money's worth for it

• by duckfan

When you are buying a watch for a child you have different criteria than when buying a watch for an adult. When I buy one for myself I think mostly of looks, for kids I think about whether they will think it is cool and how quickly they can break it. My son wanted a cool new watch and knowing how fast he can destroy things, I bought one I thought could hold up to him. This watch looks a lot like a grown up watch and has a low price so if and when he breaks it I will not be out too much money and he is happy with the look.

I paid around $15 for this watch and think I have gotten my money’s worth for it. The watch has a nice sturdy band

that is easy to put on. It velcros and is very sturdy.

This watch band has a neat pattern like waves that looks cool. It is well attached and can be pulled on very hard without detaching from the face. The face of the watch is large and easy to read.

It has a large digital display for kids who cannot tell time on a watch with hands. It is water resistant to 99 feet, we have not tried this but he has worn it into the pool and it still works great. I think water resistance is very important because no kid can keep their hands out of water.

The face on this watch is already a little scratched, but I think it is because a 7 year old is very brutal on ...

• watches and not a flaw from the manufacturer. The face is plastic and very durable, the ease is great, it is very easy for any kid to use, and the indiglo nightlight feature is a lot of fun. If you are looking for a great kids watch this is the way to go.

The watch is cute looking, but masculine enough for a boy like mine who doesn’t want babyish looking watches, and it is also not too girly looking. At $15 it is affordable as a gift for any occasion. This watch is for ages 6 and up but my 4 year old has put it on and it does fit well so if you have a younger child who wants a watch this will work.

The strap can be made smaller for a tiny child or

bigger for a larger or plump child so you do not need to worry about fitting it to your child’s wrist. I do recommend this watch to anyone. Timex makes a great watch and I have been a fan of theirs for over 20 years.

You should buy this watch, I give it a 10. I think this is a good way to teach kids about time. My son is still learning to read clocks with hands but this watch has gotten him very excited about telling time.

He now uses the seconds on this to time various activities during the day, he times how long he gets dressed, how long he brushes his teeth, etc. I bought him the watch because he needed a watch he told me but I never thought it would become a fun educational toy for him.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6414071190880631/k2311a0714/7.14.10