2004 dodge ram 2500
  • After 2 years of ownership, I loved the truck, but there was just one problem
  • The carpets get dirty fairly quickly and I found that the a/c doesn't put out cold when you step on it
  • Overall the truck is pretty decent, but I don't think I'll ever be coming back to dodge

• by josh450

Dodge went big in ‘02 when they introduced the all new body style dodge ram. I instantly fell for the looks and purchased the first truck larry miller got on their lot. After 2 years of ownership, I loved the truck, but there was just one problem; it didn’t have enough power.

The problem was then fixed when I went to avondale dodge and traded the 1500 in

for a 2500 ram hemi. Overall dodge made a pretty good truck.

The motor has enough power, but doesn’t make the torque that it needs to tow really heavy loads. It sometime struggles up hills towing my 7000lb.

trailer. In comparison my brothers 04 silverado 5.

3 will out-tow it. As for the suspension, it’s more of a love-hate relationship.

When I’m daily driving it, the suspension ...

• is excessivly rough and bouncy. But, when I’m towing, the suspension is perfect, it rides smooth and level.

The only gripe I have is the fact that I had to replace the balljoints at 35k miles, which should have lasted 100k+. The interior is put together decently, but is obviously cheap.

The carpets get dirty fairly quickly and I found that the a/c doesn’t put out cold

when you step on it. I took it to 2 different dodge dealerships and Still had no luck.

I feel that these are problems that shouldn’t be happening at the 50,000 mile mark. Overall the truck is pretty decent, but I don’t think I’ll ever be coming back to dodge.

The chevy my brother has is just as powerful as my truck yet gets better fuel economy and is way more reliable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 914071189980431/k2311a0714/7.14.10