Herbal Essences Ignite My Colour Intensive Mask
  • Since at that time I was in a need of a new hair mask, I decided to try out one of their new (or re-named) products
  • While the instruction suggests to leave the mask on for just one or two minutes, I found that leaving it on my hair for as long as ten minutes gives the best effects
  • However, this seems to me a very minor disadvantage, as on the whole the mask works beautifully, making my hair soft and nice in touch

• by Rachel Evans

I had been using Herbal Essences hair care products for several years when last year I discovered that the company is changing the logo, colour scheme, packaging, and even the names of their products. Since at that time I was in a need of a new hair mask, I decided to try out one of their new (or re-named) products. I debated briefly between “Ignite My Colour” and “Hello Hydration” masks, and finally set for the former.

Herbal Essences Ignite My Colour

Intensive Mask comes in a deeply pink plastic jar, which appears rather larger than their previous packagings of hair masks. The product itself is also pink in colour. It contains acai berries and silk extracts, and smells rather nicely, if not very originally. It is very simple to apply - you just need to take a small amount of the mask on your fingers, put it on your hair, and rinse after a few minutes. While the instruction suggests to leave ...

• the mask on for just one or two minutes, I found that leaving it on my hair for as long as ten minutes gives the best effects. However, even two minutes seems enough to make your hair silky and smooth.

As I don’t use the mask very regularly (I tend to forget about applying it), I cannot vouch for its effectiveness when it comes to preserving the hair colour. However, it does seem that when I remember to use the mask,

my hair colour appears more vibrant, and it stays on longer.

The one drawback of the Herbal Essences Mask is that it needs to be rinsed very thoroughly. However, this seems to me a very minor disadvantage, as on the whole the mask works beautifully, making my hair soft and nice in touch. What is more, the product is quite worth its price, as a single jar of it lasts for a long period of time. Definitely worth buying.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114071189930431/k2311a0714/7.14.10