Xbox 360  » Games  »
  • I bought this console about 5 months ago and was excited to get going with my brand new shiny console
  • The first major flaw i noticed was the huge hulking power brick
  • Along with the Xbox i bought one of the best selling games of all time, Halo 3
  • I have been happily gaming since then but that first experience definitely left a bad impression on me
  • I know that it is 1 in a million chance for that, but i can't help to think that i was that one

• by Tucker Haas

The Xbox 360 is a dream console… that is if you can escape the odds. the Xbox 360 gaming console does give you high end game play and brilliant FPS (first person shooters) games but it does have two major flaws, one the infamous Red Rings of Death, or, RROD, and two, big cords and weight. I bought this console about 5 months ago and was excited to get going with my brand new shiny console. The first major flaw i noticed was the huge hulking power brick.

this ugly, massive, gray block is hard to hide and can be noisy. the Xbox 360 itself was like a brick, weighing at least 10 pounds and being not even close to being as slim as the PS3 or Wii. Along with

the Xbox i bought one of the best selling games of all time, Halo 3.

Setting up the beast was easy enough, taking the standard 3 prong cable and plugging it into my TV, and then taking the huge power cord and shoving it into the back of the console and plugging the extra hard drive i bought into the top of my system. after i got it set up i turned it on and the main animation played with all that Microsoft glory. I first went over to the gamer tag tab and opened it up to make a new account.

i didn’t want gold yet so i chose the silver membership after selecting my username and password, but on the next screen it asked for a credit card.

• i quickly cancelled suspecting something and instead just popped the halo disk in, not worrying about it. As the game started up i noticed some loud noises but thought nothing of it.

after i started the game up i decided to try out the first few levels of campaign. but right after i pressed new campaign, BANG! the disk is unreadable. As i started telling my self that it wasn’t that big of a deal and ejected the disk, all around the bottom of the disk were perfectly round scratches, on my 100% brand new Halo 3 disk and brand new Xbox 360.

so i resumed putting a different disk in, a dvd, and 5 minutes into the movie the loud scratching sounds started again and my console shut off.

i turned on the console to find the dreaded 3 RROD. As i did a dramatic scream of “NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!” I looked up in the manual and called Microsoft.

After being on hold for 30 minutes and going through several automated systems, i finally got connected to a customer service agent, only to find out that i have to repackage and send in my console for 4-6 weeks. After 1 and a half months of waiting i received my precious Xbox. I have been happily gaming since then but that first experience definitely left a bad impression on me.

I know that it is 1 in a million chance for that, but i can’t help to think that i was that one. All in all, the Xbox 360 is a great video game system, if you can cheat death.

Xbox 360

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2814071189680431/k2311a0714/7.14.10