T-mobile G1  » Phones  »
  • Unfortunantly, in my opinion, the G1 was a flop, and heres why
  • If you even consider buying this phone, PLEASE do the following

• by josh450

The t-mobile G1, upon release, was the newest craze. Everybody was talking about the big T’s new smartphone, and everyone wanted one. Weather G1 owners like to admit it or not, the success of the phone was primarily because of it’s new operating system; Android.

I, like a lot of other people, rushed out and waited in line for this new phone. People were promised advanced web-browsing capabilities and a phone that was like no other.

Unfortunantly, in my opinion, the G1 was a flop, and

heres why. The first day I got the phone, I made a Gmail account and put in all my contacts, just as millions of others did upon purchase.

This was my first smartphone, and I was hoping that it would run better than my Motorola Q did. After a few days of using it, the “new phone excitement” wore off, and I realized that it was just another phone that made big promises, yet didn’t deliver.

After owning the phone for a month, I was ...

• very frusturated and annoyed with it. It would always crash, shut-off, re-start and lose a little bit of memory every time it did so.

The battery life was and is HORRIBLE. If I’m browsing on the net with 3G, doing a little bit of texting, and answering a call or two, the battery is depleted within and hour and a half.

The on-screen keyboard is absolute junk. If you want to be accurate, you have to use one finger and CAREFULLY press the letter you want,

and even then it will pick other letters and do it’s own thing.

Trying to view the screen outside is a joke, unless you have the screen brightness turned up to 100 percent, and then your battery is going to die that much faster. If you even consider buying this phone, PLEASE do the following: Buy the better keyboard app, buy the power manager app, and cross your fingers and hope you didn’t miraculously get a glitching POS, which isn’t likely at all.

Good luck!

T-mobile G1

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3714071189670431/k2311a0714/7.14.10