Sportsville Bar and Sports Lounge Restaurant  » Entertainment  »
Food Court, Emperors Palace Casino and Holiday Resort, 64 Jones Road, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, 1620, South Africa
  • So in my experience, it is not all that much of a main event screen as they sometimes screen things like the Formula One, which only a few people in relation to the whole crowd actually have an interest in over other simultaneous sporting codes

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

With over 48 big screens all over the place, screening all live sporting codes taking place at any given time, Sportsville is one place that left me extremely overwhelmed the first time I went there.

In addition to the many flat screens they have connected to satellite feeds, they have one very big, projected picture just above the entrance door with the idea that they would screen the most popular sporting event of the day, be it from whichever sporting code. This picture is so big that I can clearly see it from any direct point in the entire sports bar venue, but ever since I started going to Sportsville, the only live game they screened on the big screen that was inline with my interests at that particular point, was the final league game in which Chelsea Football Club was involved. So in my experience,

it is not all that much of a main event screen as they sometimes screen things like the Formula One, which only a few people in relation to the whole crowd actually have an interest in over other simultaneous sporting codes.

I really enjoy spending time there and a morning of catching some English Premiership games usually transmutes into an entire weekend of soccer-dominated sports, including the likes of cricket and tennis for me.

While I am really happy with the setting and the vast availability of live games to choose from, it is the fact that I can choose to watch matches of choice with lot of people for the atmosphere, or I can sit in a little private corner and not be bothered by anyone.

The food they serve is great too and I have had the pleasure of experiencing two dishes from their menu, one being ...

• the Soccer Fan, which costs just over six dollars and consists out of a plate of fries and a hamburger. The other plate I had I don’t really know the name because it was ordered for me by some people I was catching a big game with but it was also quite enjoyable. I love their variety; they have some local South African dishes as well as international dishes, all with sports themed names.

A can of coke, which is what I always buy as I am a non drinker of alcohol, goes for $2 but from what I see, they have a very wide variety of beverages seeing as there is even the presence of an in-house dedicated bar. Hot beverages are also available.

I really usually spend the entire day when I am at Sportsville, as they have all the required necessities to keep the sports

enthusiast such as myself considerably entertained and happy, they even have a very clean restroom facility, which I only discovered the other day.

Of all the things they have to offer at Sportsville, the most outstanding offering for me is the fact that whenever I go there, knowing what live sporting event I want to see for the day, I am guaranteed to see it. The waiters on duty will change the channel on request and this is the ultimate act of customer service for me.

Although I have heard from other people that go there that sometimes the service of food can be rather slow, I have never experienced that myself, or maybe the live game I am busy watching at the time is too much of a distraction for me. Either way, I always have a fulfilling, fun-filled time at this little sports lover’s heaven on earth called Sportsville.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5914071189570431/k2311a0714/7.14.10