Toy Story 3 in 3D  » Movies  »
  • Toy Story in 3D Having thoroughly enjoyed Toy Story 1 & 2, I was ecstatic to hear the third chapter was out in theatres
  • I put on my 3D glasses for the previews and was impressed with the quality of the animation
  • I’m sure this sequence must have taken months but it was definitely a highlight of an already brilliant movie

• by keyestones

Toy Story in 3D Having thoroughly enjoyed Toy Story 1 & 2, I was ecstatic to hear the third chapter was out in theatres. We hurried to our local theatre, paid our $12. 50 USD ($3.

50 extra for 3D movies) and went directly to our favorite seats, 10th row back, in the centre of the row. I put on my 3D glasses for the previews and was impressed with the quality of the animation; it’s the same quality as Toy Story if not better!

SPOILER ALERT: The movie starts off with a home video of Andy playing with his favorite toys over the years.

Once the happy montage finishes we are left watching

the toys on the verge of completing a mission – a mission to get Andy to play with them again. As we watch Andy gets frustrated with their attempt to get him to look in the toy box.

The toys then come to a decision that its time to pack it in, that Andy will be leaving for college in a few days and for them the future is uncertain, it could be going to the attic, the garbage or college. I don’t want to spoil the whole movie and it would take way too long to describe everything that happens in the movie so I will sum it up.

The writing ...

• is brilliant, the jokes are always witty and right on time, and the storyline keeps you guessing up to the end. New characters are introduced when the toys are moved to not one but two different environments and this keeps the characters banter delightfully original.

The new characters, especially the metrosexual Ken doll, provide much needed comic relief – including Shrek-like slow-motion action sequences and a montage of Ken trying on various outfits. I was surprised and delighted at every turn of this movie and the 3D visuals made you stare at the screen in awe as Woody and Buzz move through the various environments to save the day.

There are

too many themes and sub-plots in this movie to name but they include family, new romance, love, trust, hope, and the idea of growing up but not wanting to leave your past behind. The writers did an excellent job exploring how special Andy is, and at the end you are left with a feeling that everything has turned out just as it should.

One of my favorite scenes comes at the end of the movie, while the credits are rolling. Buzz and Jessie put on an exquisite performance of salsa dance to Latin music.

I’m sure this sequence must have taken months but it was definitely a highlight of an already brilliant movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114071189390431/k2311a0714/7.14.10