CK Euphoria
  • I like everything about CK Euphoria from its purple box and contents down to the unique shape of its aluminum encased bottle
  • I admit, I did not like the initial scent and top notes (whatever it is composed of) at first because of its sweetness and because I found it too strong but the dry down is worth the wait
  • In my opinion, this is a great casual scent to be worn during the day especially now that it's already rainy season and the temperature outside is getting a little bit cooler

• by ascendant

Although CK Euphoria came out sometime in 2005, it wasn’t until three years ago that I first smelled it at the counter of the Calvin Klein boutique inside Alabang Town Center. While I really liked it, I was too cheap to buy myself a bottle at the time. I had forgotten all about the perfume until my mother-in-law gave me a small bottle of CK Euphoria (only 30ml–but who am I to complain?) when my husband and I visited his parents at their house. I have always liked the perfumes and eau de toilettes of Calvin Klein because they go well with my body chemistry and CK Euphoria was no exception.

I like everything about CK Euphoria from its purple box and contents down to the unique shape of its aluminum encased bottle. While most people would probably consider CK Euphoria as an evening scent, I like to use it during the day. The dry down is a sensual oriental fragrance that lingers on my skin and sometimes even on my clothes for hours.

Most people would probably be put off by the initial sweet scent as it is reminiscent of a lot of cheap copy cat perfumes in the market but I find that the sweetness does not last long and it is quickly replaced by a warm and, as I’ve mentioned, oriental musky scent that I find very inviting. I admit, I did not like the initial scent and top notes (whatever it is composed of) at first because of its sweetness and because I found it too strong but the dry down is worth the wait. My husband, who prefers light and fresh fragrances as well as fruity floral ones such as D&G Light Blue, Lanvin Eclat d’ Arpege, and Maybe Baby by Benefit, is not particularly enamored with this fragrance.

He is usually very vocal about the fragrances I wear and I remember that he really liked Issey Miyake’s Reflections in a Drop when I wore it one time but with CK Euphoria, he just kept mum. I had to ask him what he thought ...

• and he just shrugged and said, “smells ok,” which for him means exactly that. Passable.

Because of its musky scent, CK Euphoria is most suitable to wear during the cold months but I like to wear it year round as long as I apply it sparingly. Since it’s a perfume (as opposed to an eau de toilette), the scent is long lasting so there is no need for frequent application. I can still smell it on my skin in the afternoon even if I applied it early in the morning.

I discovered that the scent develops better on my skin than if I apply it on my clothes so now I just apply it only on my wrists and behind my ears. I usually get compliments on the perfume I wear and I’ve gotten so many on old favorites such as Gucci Rush2, Issey Miyake, and even Acca Kappa’s White Moss but I have yet to receive a compliment while wearing CK Euphoria. Maybe the people around me are not into deep, warm fragrances? Understandable because it

has been very hot and humid these past months and light citrusy scents are probably more appealing.

On the other hand, fragrance is a matter of preference and I will still wear CK Euphoria even if I’m the only one who appreciates it. In my opinion, this is a great casual scent to be worn during the day especially now that it’s already rainy season and the temperature outside is getting a little bit cooler. I seldom leave the house without wearing fragrance and I find myself wearing CK Euphoria a lot lately.

It takes a little bit of confidence to wear this perfume because of its warm “hey-notice-me” fragrance. As for buying the fragrance, however, I don’t think I would go out and buy if I finish my small bottle. While I really like CK Euphoria, I am hoping to receive another bottle of it as a gift as times are hard and I am still not ready to pay full price for a bottle.

I took 2 points from my rating only because of its price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5614071189270331/k2311a0714/7.14.10