2X Ultra Gain Liquid Soothing Sensations Lavender Lilac Moment: Laundry Detergent  » Housewares  »
  • I found that the scent actually lasted from the wash cycle to the dry cycle and even if I forgot to put in dryer sheets everything smelled nice
  • Unfortunately she is more allergic to detergents than I realized because just drying off with a towel washed in it would set her off every time
  • I really did like the smell but I decided it was to risky to have this in a house when someone in the house has such sensitive skin

• by makeithappen

I usually use Members Mark Laundry Detergent (from Sams Club) because it is one of the only detergents that my daughter is not allergic to. But I was at the store and they were having a sale on the 100 oz. Bottle of Gain 2X Ultra Gain Liquid Soothing Sensations Lavender Lilac Moment 100 oz. It was normally about $52 dollars but it was $42 at that time. I can’t help it but I am a big sucker for a sale. I had intended to wash my cloths with it and my kids cloths with the other stuff. I figured she would be allergic to this but I didn’t know for sure. I really liked this detergent because the smell was so heavenly. I used to have a lilac bush at my

old house and this really did smell like lilacs. It was so comforting and took be back. I found that the scent actually lasted from the wash cycle to the dry cycle and even if I forgot to put in dryer sheets everything smelled nice.

It made all the towels smell so nice and so soft and I started using in more and more on towels because it was helping them to last longer. Here is where I got myself in to trouble with this. I started doing all the towels with it. Then my daughter would take a bath and use the towels. I really didn’t think such short contact would make her break out. Unfortunately she is more allergic to detergents than I realized because just drying off with a towel ...

• washed in it would set her off every time. There are other things that set her off so it took me a few days to figure out what it was. I really did like the smell but I decided it was to risky to have this in a house when someone in the house has such sensitive skin. I figured some of her things would get mixed in or towels and washcloths and I just didn’t want to make her break out and be miserable because I liked the smell so much.

The detergent did work great up till that point. I felt like the cloths were nice and clean and they were always fresh. I liked this concentrated formula because it really effected the fibers of the fabrics. It was not harsh on

them and helped them to feel better after they had been in the dryer. They never seemed to get a filmy substance on them that can sometimes happen with a powder detergent. The liquid dissolved pretty fast in the water so I could add the cloths in a little sooner and that was good cause I liked to save the time. I like things that help me save time. Now, I do think that it is a bit expensive as far as laundry detergents go but if I saw it on sale then I would buy it under normal circumstance. For now I won’t buy it though, just because it seems to be hard on people who have sensitive skin and laundry detergent allergies. It is good but of course my daughters health comes first.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311071188690231/k2311a0711/7.11.10