Boneless Pork Ribs by Banquet (frozen dinner)  » Food  »
1.0
  • I like buying Banquet frozen dinners because they are an affordable way to buy lunches and dinners for my family
  • I usually really like their frozen dinners but I think the Boneless Pork Ribs dinner is probably the worst dinner that they sell

• by makeithappen

I like buying Banquet frozen dinners because they are an affordable way to buy lunches and dinners for my family. They are also easy to make so the kids can make them on their own which leaves time for me to work on other things.

that they sell.

Or close to it at the very least.

The dinner is not easy to cook because it doesn’t cook evenly leaving the mashed potatoes to cold or the meat over cooked and dying out the corn.

The mashed potatoes in these are awful and you can not mix them with the barbecue sauce to make it taste better.

The corn almost always ...

• ends up to dry and the meat itself has a very artificial and chewy taste to it.

The barbecue sauce is alright on its on but doesn’t really help this meal.

I would say this is something I would eat if I had to.

When I buy my frozen dinners I buy a lot at one time.

There are lots of the barbecue dinners left

in my fridge because no one eats it and I go buy another set of them and we all hate it.

I don’t bother even buying this one anymore considering there are so many in my freezer because they are so awful.

Save your money and try any other meal than this one.

I really do think that you can do much better than this.

Gary says :

I think you got it 100% wrong when it came to reviewing the frozen rib meal so i must correct you first off the mashed patatoes are not as you described one bit not only did i find them tasty but they mixed well with the barbeque sauce as well and if the boneless pork rib patty appeared to chewy to you it was probably because you cooked it wrong I have eaten this meal many times and not only is it the best tasting Banquet meal hands down it appeared nothing how you described it. You obviously can NOT follow simple microwave directions I can safely say therefore you probably don`t even know how to boil water Your review Epic Fail

Joanna says :

Hi,

I don’t know how you are cooking yours, but I have found that it tastes much better if I cook it in a toaster oven compared to the microwave. If you are doing more than one you can use the big oven. Also, the mashed potatoes are better if you add a little milk, butter, and a tiny bit of salt before eating them. If they are too watery add some dried mashed potato mix.

Saskun says :

I used to be all for frozen meals. They are generally reasonably priced, take only a few minutes to get ready and the kitchen doesn’t turn into a war zone. However, although I still use frozen meals for certain foods, I think that when it comes to pork chops the only way is the proper way.

Just tonight I made pork chops with sweet and sour peppers and the whole thing took less than 30 minutes - all from scratch. This is a recipe by Gordon Ramsay and one my boyfriend never grows tired of devouring so I thought I’d share it and see what you think - here it goes

First of all pour some olive oil into your frying pan and set it to high heat. Chop up some 2 red peppers and 1 red onion and add to your pan as it starts to smoke. Season with freshly ground black pepper and rock/sea salt. Add about a tablespoon of sugar and let it caramelize over the next few minutes. Make sure that the peppers are hissing as you want to saute them meaning shallow fry them on high heat. If they’re not hissing, turn up the heat so that they do not boil. Pour in around 2-3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and some extra virgin olive oil and leave for 2-3 minutes. While that’s mixing nicely, chop up a small bunch of basil leaves and add to your peppers. Stir and leave for another minute and it’s ready.

Now for the porks…

Buy 2 or 3 chops and lay them on your chopping board. Pierce the tip of your knife into the fat and push down on it to cut through the fat. Do this in 2 or 3 sections of each chop to keep them from curling up in the pan. Sprinkle them with rock salt and fresh ground pepper and press down with your finger tips for the seasoning to stick to the pork.

Before you start seasoning your chops, put a frying pan on the hob and add some extra virgin olive oil. Once your chops are ready and the pan starts to smoke, place your chops in the pan with the seasoned side faced down. Grab a few garlic cloves and simply press down with your knife to crush them. Do not remove the skin. Place them in the pan and push them under your chops. Get a bunch of thyme and also push under the chops. Turn your chops occasionally until cooked throughout.

Move the sweet and sour peppers onto your plate and place the chops on top of the peppers. The two tastes compliment each other so eat together. As an option, you can also make some mashed potatoes to go with this dish.

I usually make this without the peppers and it’s a lovely meal ready to serve in as little as 10 minutes with minimal mess

stacy grimes says :

re : I like buying Banquet frozen dinners because they are an affordable way to buy lunches and dinners for my family
    I agree The Banquet name is well trusted and the food is high quality and a great price.

stacy grimes says :

re : I usually really like their frozen dinners but I think the Boneless Pork Ribs dinner is probably the worst dinner that they sell
    I feel that the boneless pork ribs are not a very good product. I do not like the taste or the texture. It is one of my least favorite Banquet meals. I would not buy again. The quality is poor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711071188680231/k2311a0711/7.11.10