Turkey Meal by Banquet (frozen dinner)  » Food  »
2.0
  • I like turkey and it is a low calorie meat with lots of protein in it
  • The problem with this meal is the mashed potatoes which don't fully cook right

• by makeithappen

I use frozen dinners to same me time and money while I put myself through school. With three kids I need to keep a large selection of frozen dinners around that they like. I wish I could cook more for them but frozen dinners will do for now.

I got the Turkey Meal just because it looked good on the box. I like turkey and it is a low calorie

meat with lots of protein in it.

This meal has 13 g of fiber for only 250 calories. The picture on the box actually looks better than it taste but there are ways to make it taste better.

This meal for one is two small pieces of turkey with gravy, peas, and mashed potatoes. I like the peas because they taste like peas.

The problem with this meal is the ...

• mashed potatoes which don’t fully cook right. They don’t taste well either but that is pretty much the story with all the banquet meals.

I like the taste of the meal but only if I scoop the mashed potatoes over with the turkey and gravy and mix it up. I wouldn’t say that this meal fills me up so usually I have a piece of buttered bread to go along with

it and this is not a meal you could ever pass off as home cooked.

It is ok just to add some variety in to the mix but I don’t get this meal very often because it is not a meal I would want to eat on a regular basis. I will keep buying because it is cheap and eating it occasionally.

This is a “when I am in the mood” food.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711071188640231/k2311a0711/7.11.10