Laura Scudder’s Old Fashioned Natural Peanut Butter  » Food  »
  • I have tried Skippy, Lilly's and Goober, but this peanut butter is the best one yet
  • They use maltodextrin which I think this is an artificial sweetener that yields lesser calories compared to the normal peanut butters currently in the market nowadays

• by dzzy21rn

I have tried Skippy, Lilly’s and Goober, but this peanut butter is the best one yet!

I have bought this at the local grocery store for Php 250 ($5).This says it’s low fat or uses reduced fat. Comes in 16 OZ. It has 110 calories from FAT and a total calorie count of 200 per serving (that’s 2

tbsp of pure peanut butter). They use maltodextrin which I think this is an artificial sweetener that yields lesser calories compared to the normal peanut butters currently in the market nowadays. There is still a huge amount of sodium content, like about 120g (which is a big no-no for those who have heart ailments and water retention) but 0% cholesterol.

Opened the bottle and saw that there were some oil at the top of the peanut butter. It’s okay because I think it is normal for peanut butters to have oil on the top of the peanut butter itself. I just mixed it and then proceeded to taste.

The peanut butter was very tasty, very nutty ...

• Laura Scudder's Old Fashioned Natural Peanut Butter
      and even if it says smooth, it is kind of gritty. I loved it. The taste was that of real peanuts, not the sweet peanut butter that I normally taste in Skippy. It is not too creamy though. It is very thick and a little difficult to spread.

I normally eat this with crackers as a dip or

make very good peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. This is perfect for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because it is a little salty and not too sweet. It balances out the sweetness of the strawberry jam that I mix it with.

This is the best peanut butter I have ever tasted. I will continue to purchase this again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711071188200131/k2311a0711/7.11.10