Western Playland Amusement Park  » Entertainment  »
2.5
1249 Futurity Dr Sunland Park, NM 88063
  • The park is spread out and looks kind of boring and deserted
  • I know amusement park bathrooms aren’t usually kept up well, but this was just ridiculous
  • I love this little dollar days promotion they usually have in the beginning of the summer
  • The hot dogs are pretty good, but that really won’t enhance your experience

• by adrean_j

Living in El Paso there is not always a lot of fun things to do. It is one of the biggest cities in Texas, but has almost nothing to offer entertainment wise. Living in El Paso almost all of my life, I discovered Western Playland. This is a local amusement park that is right on the border of El Paso, TX and Sunland Park, NM.

The amusement park is far from spectacular, and I feel I wasted my time even going there. I always thought amusement parks were about thrill rides. I can tell you right now that Western Playland only has one thrill ride, and it still seemed to be missing the excitement. With only one major roller coaster this amusement park is often too packed. I’ve been there twice and didn’t have to fight any crowds. The

parking lot has plenty of spaces and you don’t have to worry about parking blocks down, like major amusement parks. There are a variety of small and unappealing rides at this amusement park. I really could only appreciate the bumper cars and water ride.

I couldn’t really appreciate any of there rides as an adult. As a teenager it may be okay, but it is really a good place for children. There are always a lot of adolescents running around there. The park is spread out and looks kind of boring and deserted. As soon as I drove up to this amusement park I knew it was a joke. There is more space than actual rides. I guess I could compare it more to a carnival than an actual amusement park. The good thing is that you really don’t ...

• have to wait in any long lines. With most amusement parks you have to wait at least 30 minutes in line for rides. Here it’s more like 10 minutes. The bathroom was extremely disgusting. I know amusement park bathrooms aren’t usually kept up well, but this was just ridiculous. I was uncomfortable just being in there surrounded by mess and trash. It also didn’t smell too great. I don’t know if that is how it is on a daily basis, but if it is, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere around.

The prices are pretty good at Western Playland especially in the summer. I love this little dollar days promotion they usually have in the beginning of the summer. It’s good for people that don’t plan on getting on rides. It sucks to pay almost 20 dollars to

walk around and watch your kids enjoy themselves. With dollar days it’s only a dollar to get in. Then it is a dollar for any additional services. This includes 1 dollar rides, hot dogs, and drinks. This amusement park is really not worth going to, if you don’t catch the dollar days special. You can probably find 3 good rides before you will be ready to leave. The hot dogs are pretty good, but that really won’t enhance your experience. Considering that Western Playland is located in the middle of a desert city, it seems that they would have more shaded areas available. There is already a lack of trees, so it can get really hot with the sun beaming directly on you. I guess this place can be good for people looking for a low key way to hang out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5911071187401231/k2311a0711/7.11.10