Isuzu D-Max Pick-up Truck
  • Since my place is prone to flooding, I think that I will save up for an Isuzu D-Max in the event that we encounter another disaster

• by LaPinay

When our house went under more than thirty feet of flood water during typhoon Ondoy/Ketsana, I was overwhelmed by the response of my friends to my predicament. We were right in the middle of the Great Flood, as I call it, and all our things were covered in mud. Our place was covered in mud and silt for weeks, and only four-wheel drives could successfully navigate through residual flood and mud. It was difficult to walk because shards of glass and wood were scattered all over, and so I was really grateful to a friend who lent me his Isuzu D-Max pick-up truck to ferry my family and possessions in and out

of the place. It took several trips but we were able to pull it off and save a lot of our possessions.

The Isuzu D-Max was perfect for the Great Flood. The tires were wide with very good traction. I could see the cars in front of us which were sliding sideways as they slowly made their way to their houses. We on the other hand, followed an almost straight line. I was afraid that the tires would burst from the glass shards in the mud (like the car in front), but it marched on. It was like off-roading right after a storm in the mountains. The D-Max performed well. The wheel was ...

• easy to handle and I did not have to struggle to hold it in place. We even had to go over some fallen logs and rocks, but the D-Max continued on as if nothing bothered it.

The truck bed was wide and open and we threw the muddied clothes at the back so that we could have them washed in laundry shops. They were difficult to carry because the water and the mud added weight and so it helped that we could just throw them in the truck bed. The bed of course is higher, and I was forced to take giant steps, but this helped protect from thievery. People would have

to reach over and risk being seen in order to take the things at the back. There was rampant looting and some people were just bold enough to take things, even covered in mud, off your back, literally. The height of the truck bed was a deterrent to short looters. I guess it’s a good thing that Filipinos are not that tall.

Since my place is prone to flooding, I think that I will save up for an Isuzu D-Max in the event that we encounter another disaster. I can easily ferry my family out when water is just rising so that we do not have to get stuck in the roof of our house again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 911071186911131/k2311a0711/7.11.10