Victoria Hotel  » Hotels  »
Corner Paul Kruger and Scheiding Roads, Pretoria, 0001
  • Having been there overnight, twice now, my experience of the Victoria Hotel, right at the beginning of Central Pretoria is one of a satisfied customer, given the type of service I actually required
  • I am one who truly appreciates hospitality and the way in which they really went out of their way to make me feel at home will have me consider them any time in future for a referral
  • Very inexpensive as well, but I found out later that there was an option to have some dinner in the dining room, although I do not blame them for not telling me as I had made it clear that I just wanted a room for the night

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

Having been there overnight, twice now, my experience of the Victoria Hotel, right at the beginning of Central Pretoria is one of a satisfied customer, given the type of service I actually required.

I was simply looking for a place to spend one quiet, discreet night in, in order to get some bearing on my work and catch up on some admin stuff, and I must say the Victoria Hotel had a very sort of homely feel about it.

I loved my room, had a very big queen sized bed and a living area with a small screen on which

I had the pleasure of watching the game.

The staff, seemingly made up of the owner and an employee, was really very friendly to me, and I mean extremely friendly. They really made me feel welcome and would occasionally strike some conversation with me throughout the time that I was there, over the two separate nights that I was there. I am one who truly appreciates hospitality and the way in which they really went out of their way to make me feel at home will have me consider them any time in future for a referral.

Very inexpensive as ...

• well, but I found out later that there was an option to have some dinner in the dining room, although I do not blame them for not telling me as I had made it clear that I just wanted a room for the night.

For the fee they charge, I really feel as it I got real value for my money, and I simply cannot stress their friendliness enough. The attendant, the guy I assumed to be the employee, didn’t know at first if there was a small television set in my allocated bed room, so he offered to

come and collect me right before kick off and take me to a local sports bar where we would relax and watch football. What more can I say to their commitment to great service.

I really only have positive things to say about my stay at the Victoria Hotel, although the fact that it is right at the entry point of South Africa’s capital city meant that I had to put up with the constant rumbling of motor engines and other noise, which wasn’t all that bad when I had all the windows shut and switched on the air conditioning.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211071186701131/k2311a0711/7.11.10