Biksa Coffee Shop
18 Fernando corner Dragon Street, Marikina Street, Metro Manila, Philippines
  • I was impressed when I approached the place
  • Looking around, I learned that B stood for Biksa Coffee and they have a website (www. biksacoffee
  • I have to say that their blueberry cheesecake was the best that I had tasted

• by LaPinay

As I was walking down Gil Fernando in the border of Marikina City and Cainta, I saw a coffee shop at the back portion of Banco de Oro, Marikina side. The sign said B Coffee, and curious and tired, I veered towards it.

I was impressed when I approached the place. It did not look like your usual cozy coffee place (such as Starbucks and Gloria Jean’s) where the place is littered with wooden tables and low lighting. It looked more like a chic romantic restaurant with high ceilings, cozy table set-ups and even a romantic chaise recliner

in one corner. They even had a place for smokers which ironically were set-up to deter smoking. The chairs in the smoking area were metal chairs that could only accommodate people less than 100 pounds. Anything over that is a tight fit (although the ashtrays had coffee ground in it to take out the smell of the cigarette). It was outside the restaurant with a view of the street. There was not a lot of traffic or activity in the streets because it was tucked in the back of the building. Looking around, I learned that B ...

• stood for Biksa Coffee and they have a website (www.biksacoffee.com).

When I entered the place, the waiter immediately welcomed me. There were several students with laptops typing away and surfing the net. I was told that they had free wifi there. The pastry selection was quite limited though, just cheesecakes and a chocolate ravel bar. They had several Arizona Green Tea flavors there and of course the usual gourmet coffee. I ordered their blueberry cheesecake, because my waiter said that it was their house specialty, and since it was already late in the afternoon, Arizona Pomegranate Green

Tea.

I have to say that their blueberry cheesecake was the best that I had tasted. It is not the usual creamy cheesecake, but tasted more gelatinous. It was not too sweet for blueberry. It would have been best with coffee. I savored it outside in the smokers’ area since there were no smokers there to destroy my mood. The place was near the main road but was far enough that the hustle and bustle of the city was muffled. Its great hiding place when you want to disappear without really disappearing. I look forward to returning for coffee there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 711071186681031/k2311a0711/7.11.10