BlackBerry Curve 8520  » Phones  »
  • I am observance this because of the excellent email addition & price paid
  • But if you just got a few normal POP & Exchange email accounts, desire to browse Internet, & enjoy all the benefits of an improved screen, I'd suggest to look elsewhere, there are much better option out there

• by shreeinfo

I was subsequent to a Nokia 5800 similar to the one I got for my girlfriend, but buy this one on offer with the BB BIS service. On the advantage side we’ve got.

- Extremely good battery life.

- Email addition really shines, I got many of accounts, even a Zimbra one & BB just handles them all.

- Hard OS, no hangs, it just works.

- Media player

is good, good speaker sound, high-quality headphones.

But there are a small number of downsides for a heavy user like myself.

- Screen resolution sub-par. This is a subject, since the screen is little, you need to go fast out for browsing the web, but here tiny fonts look actually bad. It’s so much easier in the 5800 where the resolution is 640 x 360 pixels against 320 x 240 ...

• that say it all!

- Free apps? Where? I count around 200, the majority of which are no fine to me, for the iPhone or Nokia you do get lots more. I am even having trouble finding good themes.

- Interface look now plain & icons don’t cut it or contacts list or menus.

- The keyboard is little & the 5800 kb is enormous compare, & its

touch.

- Return voice quality is NOT good; the phone is loud to the touch as well. Audio on your earpiece is just OK.

Bottom line. I am observance this because of the excellent email addition & price paid. But if you just got a few normal POP & Exchange email accounts, desire to browse Internet, & enjoy all the benefits of an improved screen, I’d suggest to look elsewhere, there are much better option out there.

BlackBerry Curve 8520

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3710071186340931/k2311a0710/7.10.10