“The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” soundtrack CD
  • Although I’m not usually a film music buff, I decided to buy the CD of The Twilight Saga
  • Still, while I was expecting to limit my listening to these two tracks, possibly finding a third or fourth semi-interesting one among the selection, I was pleasantly surprised by the entire compilation’s high quality and overall likeability
  • The next comes my utter favourite, Florence and the Machine’s Heavy in your arms , which I’ve been looping ever since, as it’s Florence at her best
  • I’ve also quite enjoyed UNKLE’s song, With You in My Head – I’ve never paid much attention to this band, but now I’m tempted to check them out
  • Overall, I think the soundtrack for the film is full of songs that can stand on their own, as well as provides a great way to recall the theatrical experience before the DVD is published

• by Rachel Evans

Although I’m not usually a film music buff, I decided to buy the CD of “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” soundtrack for the Bat for Lashes and Florence and the Machine songs. Still, while I was expecting to limit my listening to these two tracks, possibly finding a third or fourth semi-interesting one among the selection, I was pleasantly surprised by the entire compilation’s high quality and overall likeability. In fact, it was that quality that partially convinced me not to wait and to go see the film in the theatre rather than once it’s out on DVD!

The

track list begins with Metric’s “Eclipse (All Yours)”. This Canadian band, fronted by Emily Haines, is one of my musical discoveries of the year. The song plays in the film several times, in an instrumental version, and is repeated with the vocals over the end credits. It’s definitely worth listening to. The next comes my utter favourite, Florence and the Machine’s “Heavy in your arms”, which I’ve been looping ever since, as it’s Florence at her best.

Other particularly hooky songs include Muse’s necessary contribution (Muse have been on each soundtrack): once again, the song befits its ...

• placement in the film as well as on the CD. The Dead Weather are also up to their task. I was not particularly happy with Bat for Lashes’ song, but I might yet grow to like it better; it’s not necessarily single material, but I’m not hating it either.

Another strong female voice is added by Sia – famous for her soundtrack presence in Six Feet Under and Veronica Mars, she is as always perfect background for emotional turbulences. Vampire Weekend (with a name pitch-perfect for the film) are something more than yet another indie band, and their

addition proves as much. I’ve also quite enjoyed UNKLE’s song, “With You in My Head” – I’ve never paid much attention to this band, but now I’m tempted to check them out.

Overall, I think the soundtrack for the film is full of songs that can stand on their own, as well as provides a great way to recall the theatrical experience before the DVD is published. It’s a must have for any Twilight fan, a should have for any Florence and the Machine fan, and a great gift for a film music geek. Money well spent, either way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1410071186230931/k2311a0710/7.10.10