Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ81B  » Electronics  »
  • I think the way to get real sound out of such TV's is that, you really need to invest in a decent surround sound system

• by Alvin Abraham

Buying a plasma TV had always been my dream and just 2 months back it was fulfilled. All thanks to my performance bonus. This was the first time ever that I’ve owned a Panasonic TV because i was always brand loyal to Sony. At the time of purchase i had to toss up between Sony and Panasonic because i just loved the features that Panasonic Viera was providing as compared to that to of Sony Bravia and i couldn’t lose my brand loyalty towards Sony

also. But at the end it was all settled for a Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ81B. I already had a 32″ Sony and i guess what swung my toss towards Panasonic was the picture quality, on the Sony TV that i had owned the picture quality was poor.

I must accept that i absolutely love this TV! I have been watching it for about 2 months and till now i am happy with my choice. Most of the time i watch Blu-Rays and play Play Station because ...

• i don’t actually watch TV that much. As a Play Station and movie freak i can say that the picture quality on both outputs are just outstanding and crystal clear. It has certainly improved my game-play on the Play Station. I also liked its glossy black look, it kind of looks very royal.

Again, as with the Sony, the only downside is the sound. It wasn’t as great as expected but was better than that of the TV i had owned previously. I think the

way to get real sound out of such TV’s is that, you really need to invest in a decent surround sound system. But i would prefer buying it later on someday because purchasing this TV itself has costed me high.

I can say that Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ81B is just worth the price you pay for it. For more better picture quality, i would prefer that you make a few tweaks here and there with the settings of the TV, because it makes in all a difference.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1610071186030931/k2311a0710/7.10.10