Danny Capistrano’s Salon  » General services  »
25-C Shorthorn Street Corner Road 18 Project 8, Quezon City
  • For a while, I just stared at Danny Capistrano’s Salon whenever I passed it by, amused because I love what he’d done with the improvised waterfalls
  • I was afraid to enter it then, I was just starting to make a “good enough” income during those days (I think it was year 2004 or 2005)
  • I once asked for an assessment from another salon and they told me that it would cost me Php 8,000

• by Naked Bodi

In those days where you can only see water flowing at the glass panels at the hotels and department stores, Danny had it. It made his salon look expensive and intimidating. At other shops where the staff wore nice uniforms, better be prepared for the unusually high charges. If you can have a haircut for as low as Php 39 from an ordinary parlor, the high-end costs Php 180-350.

the improvised waterfalls. I was afraid to enter it then, I was just starting to make a “good enough” income during those days (I think it was year 2004 or 2005). When I finally visited it, it was a birthday gift for me from my partner. I had a haircut, and was surprised when I was billed for Php 50 – and I love what they’ve done to my hair! It was the start of my loyal patronage of the salon, and my sort of acquaintanceship with the owner.

I was born with ...

• unruly hair, too thick and too much volume. Hair rebonding was already in the trend, but the price made my eyes crossed. I once asked for an assessment from another salon and they told me that it would cost me Php 8,000. I knew I couldn’t bear to spend that much, even if I had some money spared. I am a very practical person and I always want my money to be wisely spent. Then lo and behold! When I asked Danny how much he would charge me for hair
        rebonding, he asked for Php 2,000. He even gave me a free cellophane treatment as a bonus. It was a lady called Chanene who took care of my rebonding, and I loved her the first time she held my hair!

Up to the present, I never trusted another salon like I trusted Danny Capistrano’s. From time to time, I was swayed to try even high-end beauty parlors for haircut, but I always get back to Danny’s, especially now that I knew Lanz who, at least to me, was the winner when it comes to hair styling.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2510071185910931/k2311a0710/7.10.10