Magic the Gathering CCG: Soul Warden card  » Games  »
  • If I had to list out my top five favorite Magic the Gathering cards, the white Soul Warden card would definitely have a place in the ranking
  • I love including these as part of a white weenie deck with crusades
  • I definitely recommend to anyone having a few of these cards as part of their play reserve or for potential trading with other players and shops

• by Zoey7879

If I had to list out my top five favorite Magic the Gathering cards, the white “Soul Warden” card would definitely have a place in the ranking! It’s almost impossible to go wrong with this card.

For 1w mana:

You get a 1/1 creature that gives you one life each time another creature enters the battlefield.

So, if you are playing against an opponent or opponents that have weenie decks, and especially if

you have four Soul Wardens in play, you are about to become a life support system!

So in one round, as an example, if you control 4 soul wardens and bring out two creatures, that’s 8 life points that you gained. Now imagine if each of your three opponents did this for two rounds straight!

I love including these as part of a white weenie deck with crusades. Crusades gives all white ...

• creatures +1/+1, which with four Crusades in play turns those soul wardens into 5/5 monsters of magic. It almost gives me a God complex!

When included as part of a white weenie deck with a couple of defensive cards, soul wardens have the potential to allow a player to obliterate their opponents and win the game.

I always find it exhilarating when I win the game simply because I include these

cards in a deck.

Although Soul Warden is a reprint available in several expansions, they are a common card that comes at a bit of a price. The typical price paid for a mint condition Soul Warden can range from $1-$3, due to their high demand and potential.

I definitely recommend to anyone having a few of these cards as part of their play reserve or for potential trading with other players and shops.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2810071185860931/k2311a0710/7.10.10