Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation in Light  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was looking for a light foundation that was easy to use and convenient to bring around
  • Based on my experience though, this foundation lasts about 6-8 hours on my combination-oily skin
  • Overall, I like Revlon's ColorStay Mineral Foundation
  • I would recommend it to people who want a light coverage foundation

• by goldenkagi

I received my Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation from my aunt who bought it in a local mall. I was looking for a light foundation that was easy to use and convenient to bring around. I never had any Revlon products before, but the brand was trusted by many so I gave it a shot.

The packaging is a little bulky for the amount of product, but it’s because of the built in brush. But it’s not too big nor heavy. I am able to easily fit this in my purse or in make up pouches. The cap is black, while the bottom is clear, which allows you to see the product. You can get an idea on the shade and

the amount of product left. To use the built in brush, you remove the cap and twist the top to reveal the bristles. The list of ingredients is included on the bottom of the product, so I was able to check if I was allergic to any of the ingredients.

Because of the size of the packaging, I can easily bring my Mineral Foundation anywhere I go. Thanks to the built in brush, I can easily touch up anywhere, whenever I need to. The brush, being built in, is very handy.Being retractable, the brush doesn’t make the packaging too long or bulky. I don’t have to worry about bringing a brush whenever I take this out. Also, it’s cleaner as opposed to having an exposed brush in my make up pouch. The brush is made of black synthetic fibers, but it’s pretty well made for the price of the product. My brush had minimal shedding, is rather soft for synthetic fibers, and is not scratchy at all. My only concern is that it may be rather difficult to wash the brush.

The Mineral Foundation itself is a decent product. It contains talc, which I do not use, but I continue to use the foundation. This line of Revlon foundations has 8 shades to choose from, ranging from Fair to Deep. My shade is Light. It fits my Asian color like a second skin. Be sure to choose the proper shade for you ...

• Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation in Light
      by trying it out first. There are 9.9 grams of product, which lasts forever. I use mine every morning, for about 6 months now, and it shows no sign of emptying.

Being a ColorStay product, this Mineral Foundation promises up to 16 hours of wear. Based on my experience though, this foundation lasts about 6-8 hours on my combination-oily skin. It has light coverage, which was exactly what I was looking for. It’s pretty difficult to put too much on, because although it may look slightly powdery on my face at first, the acids and oils in my skin blend with it and I have a natural looking complexion in just a few minutes. I wear this on top

of my sunscreen in the morning. It has okay oil control for me. It removes the shine my sunscreen leaves, but the oily shine returns after about 4-6 hours. It has average oil control, considering that I live in a hot, humid city. It also has SPS 10 which may help reduce sun damage on skin.

Overall, I like Revlon’s ColorStay Mineral Foundation. I would recommend it to people who want a light coverage foundation. For individuals with skin that’s less oily than mine, this foundation may last longer on your face. It’s very handy with the built in retractable brush, and easy to apply. Because it doesn’t last as long on my face, I’m giving Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Light a 9.

Greta says :

The color of this foundation is very natural and blends seamlessly with the skin. The texture of the foundation is very smooth and the foundation glides smoothly across the skin.The finishing is not too matte or not too shiny. It also contains SPF 10.On the other hand, as said by Revlon Colorstay and up to 16 hours of wear , I was expecting that it will last up to at least till end of the day but unfortunately it doesn t. The effect of the foundation merely lasted for 3-4 hours.
Coverage is light to medium, so it doesn t cover the skin blemishes and acne.
Limited Shade Range.
Packaging is a little bulky and it s very difficult to carry such a fatty bottle in your bag.
The foundation brush is also very scratchy and it really irritates the skin when you move it on your face.
So to conclude, it works wonder if you apply it after applying cr me or liquid foundation. But I will not recommend it if you want to apply it directly as it will not give you the desired coverage and look. It was love-hate experience with my very first mineral foundation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110071185550831/k2311a0710/7.10.10