Philmont Ranch, New Mexico  » Other  »
  • What you do for the seemingly short twelve days that you are there is hike up towering peaks and look at amazing views
  • When I arrived there I was definitely not an outdoors fan, however I learned many things on this adventure

• by jteh

Philmont Ranch is a vacation spot for people of the outdoors. What you do for the seemingly short twelve days that you are there is hike up towering peaks and look at amazing views. When I arrived there I was definitely not an outdoors fan, however I learned many things on this adventure.

Certain treks take you to different spots with different activities such as

blackpowder rifle shooting and old fashioned fishing. This isn’t all just fun and games though because of the pack you have to carry with your food.

I reccomend physically fit people that are up for a bone breaking, life draining, and all in all grueling challenge. Now for the service for the trip.

All in all the staff are cool but some what unproffessional for ...

• my taste. After you leave base camp a ranger guides you and shows you the basics of Philmont for a few days.

They show you things from fending off a bear to where you go to the bathroom (some videos of philmont staff on youtube). I would think it would be most enjoyable though if you did the trek with a friend or a group

of friends.

I hiked it with my troop and thought that it was pretty fun ( maybe because it took some of the aching muscles off of my mind). This place is quite popular for scouts and scout troops.

So scoutmasters reiview and comment. Throughout all the hardships that you face in this untamed land these three words sum it up….

definitely worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 129071185430931/k2311a079/7.9.10