Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti Aging Daily Moisturizer
  • At first I thought it was just baloney and that she was just touting one of Procter and Gamble's products because she works there
  • I noticed it was the same bottle size and shape as the first one I got but this time, there was a bit of a yellow gold tone to the bottle's packaging
  • I think the first one I got was made in Thailand since it was purchased here
  • Prior to this, I have also tried the Olay soap and didn't like it so I was already prepared to be disappointed with this one
  • It's my holy grail of moisturizers and the best thing about it is that it costs only a fraction of the price of the products I replaced it with

• by ascendant

According to my friend who works in Procter and Gamble, Olay’s Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti Aging Daily Moisturizer can replace all the other stuff I put on my face after I wash. At first I thought it was just baloney and that she was just touting one of Procter and Gamble’s products because she works there. I was hesitant to try Olay until my friend gave me a bottle to try. I was able to use Olay’s Total Efects 7-in-1 lotion for only a few days before I stopped using it completely because the formulation was too thick for my taste. It was a lotion that acted like a cream. It made my normal skin oily and it became especially bad in the morning when I put makeup on after I applied it. During the first few days, I thought it was only because we have really bad summers so I began using it

only at night but the results were still the same. Instead of feeling refreshed, I woke up with oily cheeks, forehead and nose. I shelved the product and eventually gave it away. That was two years ago.

Two months ago, I again received a 50ml bottle of Olay’s Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti Aging Daily Moisturizer from a friend who just got back from the States. I noticed it was the same bottle size and shape as the first one I got but this time, there was a bit of a yellow gold tone to the bottle’s packaging. The friend who gave it to me said that she bought it in CVS so the product was made in the States. I think the first one I got was made in Thailand since it was purchased here. Prior to this, I have also tried the Olay soap and didn’t like it so I was already prepared to be disappointed with ...

• this one. One night, I gave it another try and was surprised that the formulation was not as thick as I remembered it to be. I applied a pea-size amount to my face and the product spread easily and was absorbed quickly by my skin. The following morning, there was none of the oiliness I first encountered with the old Olay. Did Procter and Gamble change the formulation or was it because the product was made elsewhere? I tried applying it in the morning before putting on makeup and again, I was surprised that it held really well. My makeup did not slide off and my face did not look shiny in photos. I find that with this new Olay, I can even skip primer before putting on makeup. I am glad I gave Olay’s Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti Aging Moisturizer another shot. Now, I am like my friend who works in Procter and Gamble because
        I really swear by this moisturizer. What she said finally came true in that I have replaced my old moisturizer and anti-aging products with this one. The only negative thing I can think of about this product is that the US version is not available here. I wanted to stock up on this as I am about to run out but the last time I checked, the ones available in the drugstore and groceries here are only those made in Thailand, similar to the one I first tried.

This new (if I can even call it that) formulation of Olay’s Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti Aging Daily Moisturizer suits my skin really well and I can’t rave about it enough. It’s my holy grail of moisturizers and the best thing about it is that it costs only a fraction of the price of the products I replaced it with. No more splurging on Estee Lauder’s Perfectionist and Idealist Skin Refinisher for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319071185310931/k2311a079/7.9.10