Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve  » Cosmetics  »
  • In retrospect, I guess I bought into the whole Kiehl's thing especially since I purchased this hand salve at a time when the brand just opened its first store here

• by ascendant

I don’t know why I even bothered with this one. Not that it didn’t work for me but I felt that at 1350php, it was just too much a price to pay for a lotion that is not at all that different from its lower priced counterpart.

The writing on the tube of Kiehl’s Ultimate Hand Salve states that, “This most efficacious preparation helps protect against and repair the appearance of severe dryness caused by

heavy industrial work, manual labor, neglect, or exposure to harsh elements.

” I find, however, that my regular Lubriderm lotion works just as well as this one without the hefty price tag.

There was a time when we didn’t have a helper so I was left to do all the dishes.

I used Joy Ultra and it left my hands really dry so I needed a heavy duty hand lotion to repair the damage.

Kiehl’s ...

• Hand Salve helped alleviate the dryness but then, so did Lubriderm and Jergens.

In terms of effect, it was just the same.

In retrospect, I guess I bought into the whole Kiehl’s thing especially since I purchased this hand salve at a time when the brand just opened its first store here.

Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is a thick, off-white lotion that does not smell good.

I can’t say that it smells bad

either because it doesn’t but there is an herbal smell to it that is not very appealing.

I was able to finish a whole tube of this only by leaving it in the guest bathroom because I didn’t want to throw it away.

With the success of Kiehl’s in their lipbalms and of which I am a huge fan, I guess I had expected more from their hand salve.

Needless to say, I will not buy this again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319071185200931/k2311a079/7.9.10