Dettol Anti-Bacterial Skincare Shower Gel, Improved Formula  » Health  »
  • I was never a fan of Dettol Shower Gels because of a bad experience I had with their regular shower gel
  • I was impressed with its Soap-Free and pH Balanced formulation claim
  • I have sensitive but oily skin and I like shower/body washes that have glycerin in it
  • I decided to give it a try and use it for my next shower
  • They also have another skincare shower gel variant specifically formulated for sensitive skin but I had no problems with this and I highly recommend the Dettol Anti-bacterial Skincare Shower Gel to anyone who is like me scared of using anti-bacterial body washes due to sensitive skin

• by true_value

I was never a fan of Dettol Shower Gels because of a bad experience I had with their regular shower gel. The shower gel was too harsh for my sensitive skin. It dried my skin so much that my skin felt itchy and parched all over. I had decided never to use Dettol shower gels again.

It was my husband who brought this home. The 200ml bottle of the Dettol Anti-Bacterial Skincare Shower Gel came free with the Mortein insect spray that he had bought. The pack of this size normally retails at S$3.00.

At first I didn’t want to use it. But the “Improved Formula” and “Skincare” mentioned on the lable and the soft pink and white of

the bottle intrigued me, it gave the bottle gave a feminine gentle appearance. The shape of the bottle however was nothing fancy it looked just like any other Dettol shower gel bottle with that flat base and vertical oval shaped body and it had the baby pink flip-top lid. Dettol claims to protect against a wide range of unseen germs.

I have always stayed away from anti-bacterial shower gels from any brand because I have always found them way too harsh for my sensitive skin.

The Dettol Skincare Shower Gel claimed at the back of the bottle to be enriched with added moisturizers to care and maintain skin’s natural moisture to help prevent dryness, that it was a Soap-Free and pH Balanced formulation that contains the trusted Dettol protection to gently cleanse and protect skin, that it was delicately fragranced to leave skin hygienically clean and soft and that it was suitable for daily use.

I was impressed with its Soap-Free and pH Balanced formulation claim. I also liked that the ingredients list had Glycerin and Salicylic Acid but had no mention of any presence of Alcohol or Mineral oils. I have sensitive but oily skin and I like shower/body washes that have glycerin in it.

I decided to give it a try and use it for my next shower. The Shower Gel had a runny consistency and was semi opaque. It had a mild flowery fragrance mingled with the trademark Dettol Fragrance,

• Dettol Anti-Bacterial Skincare Shower Gel, Improved Formula
      which I personally love.

The shower gel lathered easily and showering with it was a relaxing and refreshing experience. But all the while I was worried about how my skin would feel afterwards. The lather rinsed easily and I felt slightly slippery all over, as is the case with some moisturizing body washes.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that my skin looked soft and radiant after drying with towel. My skin did not feel dry at all.

I felt so soft and moisturized that I didn’t even feel the need to apply a body lotion. I had never had such a good experience with any anti-bacterial body wash ever and was completely floored by the Dettol Skincare Shower gel.

I am really

glad that I got a chance to try the shower gel and thank Dettol for their idea to promote it as a free gift with their other products because, I myself would not have purchased it on my own.

I am happy that finally I have found an anti-bacterial shower gel that suits my skin. I like it that it is gentle enough for daily use and that it also comes in the more convenient bigger pump dispenser bottles of 950ml.

They also have another skincare shower gel variant specifically formulated for sensitive skin but I had no problems with this and I highly recommend the Dettol Anti-bacterial Skincare Shower Gel to anyone who is like me scared of using anti-bacterial body washes due to sensitive skin.

manu says :

hw do i use the detool nozzle coz it is nt responding to any action

true_value replies :

the first time you use it you will have to release the pump from its lock by twisting it.

Galega says :

Hold the nozzle and pull out with little bit of force. The pipe below nozzle will come out. You are now required to press the nozzle and the contents will be released.

Ranita R says :

Having a sensitive skin is really heartbreaking because hardly any body wash works but since I used Dettol skincare body was I believe it works wonders and id definitely I’ve it a 5 stars.

Galega says :

I can say this on the basis of personal experience that the sensitivity of your skin won’t create any problem if you use Dettol products, be it shower gel, soap or hand wash. There won’t be any problem.

jawad says :

re : I have sensitive but oily skin and I like shower/body washes that have glycerin in it
I have sensotove skin but it i don’t use shower washes , instead i use detol

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348071185050531/k2311a078/7.8.10