Amarige D’Amour, Eau De Toilette Spray by Givenchy  » Perfume  »
  • Even though I love darker and more sensual perfumes I was never a fan of the Original Amarige as there was something about that perfume that I found overly cloying
  • I paid about S$60.00 for a tiny 50ml bottle
  • The middle notes are lovely I really love how the perfume feels on me just an hour or so after application
  • It is also so pretty that I enjoy taking it out in front of my friends and get them asking what perfume it was
  • I personally love this perfume and highly recommend it

• by true_value

This was my first ever perfume and perhaps the one I loved the most by Givenchy. This perfume was introduced in the year 2003 as a milder variant of the deeper darker and sensual classic Amarige perfume by Givenchy.

Even though I love darker and more sensual perfumes I was never a fan of the Original Amarige as there was something about that perfume that I found overly cloying. But the Amarige D’Amour is a totally different perfume although it seems to be of the same lineage and even shares a similar looking packaging except for the color and same bottle design.

The Amarige D’Amour comes in a pretty bird like bottle with a cute transparent cap and is a Eau De Toilette spray perfume. The first time I took a whiff of the perfume it was love. The perfume had a very youthful, sweet,

fruity and flowery fragrance, and that very moment I knew that I had to get it. I paid about S$60.00 for a tiny 50ml bottle.

The top notes of the perfume are black currant, cassia and sweet pea, the middle notes are jasmines, rose hip, lily-of-the-valley, rose and white mimose and the base notes are sandalwood and ambergris.

I am not a fan of black currant fragrances but somehow in this perfume, it blends melodiously with the rest of the fragrance notes and is not overly obvious. The middle notes are lovely I really love how the perfume feels on me just an hour or so after application. The smell of jasmines, rose hip, lily and rose it is so feminine and romantic. The sandalwood and ambergris is not that noticeable. This is one of those perfumes that smell wonderful even with the mellow scent of the ...

• perfume after few hours of application. It only seems to get better.

For an Eau De Toilette perfume it is quite long lasting and lasts one me for a good 6 hours or more. But I do carry the bottle with me if I want to make it fresh once again. The shape of the bottle is so good to hold and easy to use. It is also so pretty that I enjoy taking it out in front of my friends and get them asking what perfume it was.

There are so many floral sweet perfumes available in the stores but I feel that this one is really unique. It is sweet all right but still it manages to have a character of its own and a unique charm that is quite sexy.

Whenever I wear this perfume I get a lot of compliments and that makes

me happy. This is perhaps the only floral perfume that I like since musky, oriental and woody perfumes are more to my liking so that is saying something about the perfume. It is not a very girly or feminine perfume in my opinion and is suitable for women who like to wear a deeper, romantic yet sensual perfume without being too intense.

This being a sibling version of the classic Amarige perfume by Givency you might think that is a diluted or fainter version but it is not so. The Amarige D’amore has a personality of its own and in my opinion better than the classic Amarige, which I find to be too strong and incense like.

The Amarige D’Amore is a wonderful perfume that is a pleasure to wear and I find it suitable for day as well as evening wear.

I personally love this perfume and highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 568071185020531/k2311a078/7.8.10