Dylan Bunk Bed, Twin Size, Espresso Finish  » Furniture  »
  • I found the Dylan Bunk Beds and I liked the looks of the beds right away
  • I paid less than $300 for the set, which is reasonable compared to other bunk beds I have seen
  • I like the fact that the ladder is sturdy and doesn’t wobble when the kids climb on it
  • Overall I would recommend this bunk bed set to anyone who is looking for a nice, inexpensive set for their child’s room or just for extra sleeping room

• by mariekay

I was recently shopping for an inexpensive bunk bed set that we could put in the basement. My son is at the age that he often has friends sleeping over night, and I also like to have my nieces and nephews overnight from time to time. The kids usually sleep in the basement, either on couches or in sleeping bags on the floor. We have a family room and an attached playroom, so there is plenty of space for the kids. There are also several couches in pace that work well for sleeping, too. But, I liked the idea of placing bunk beds in the play room for a bit of a separate sleeping space when needed.

I found the Dylan Bunk Beds and I liked the looks of the

beds right away. The finish was a dark espresso, not quite black, but very dark, and they matched the colors of the room they were going into. The beds were twin size, which is just what I wanted since I didn’t want the beds to take up too much space in the room. So, I purchased the bunk bed set and brought it home. I left it to my husband to assemble, since I wanted to make sure it was put together securely. It took him a while to get it all put together, but he said it wasn’t that difficult.

Once the beds were in place, I loved how they looked in the room. The finish was beautiful and even better than what I had pictured.

• The beds matched perfectly in the space. As far as function, they do the job. They work well for sleep overs and the kids always fight over which one is going to get the top bunk. The only thing I don’t like is that that bottom bunk and top bunk are so close together in space. There is not a lot of room for a child to even sit up on the bottom bunk, so I wish they were spaced further apart. But, for all other purposes the beds are fine, and they are nice for the kids to sleep on. I have found the set to be sturdy and well-made, especially for the price. I paid less than $300 for the set, which is reasonable
        compared to other bunk beds I have seen.

I like the fact that the ladder is sturdy and doesn’t wobble when the kids climb on it. If there is more than one child playing on the top bunk, it can wobble a little bit if they get too rowdy, so I have had to make rules that the bed is not a toy but rather just a place to sleep. When it’s used for what its intended for, it is very sturdy and seems safe.

Overall I would recommend this bunk bed set to anyone who is looking for a nice, inexpensive set for their child’s room or just for extra sleeping room. I have been happy with the purchase so far, and hope to have the bed set for many years to come.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 578071184930531/k2311a078/7.8.10