Neutrogena Advancedsolutions Complete Acne Therapy System  » Health  »
  • This is also not a step I like to use an acne treatment in unless it is the tops
  • So I love this product because it is one of the few oil free ways to keep and SPF on your skin and it actually does help to clear up acne
  • I know it sounds like a lot but if I use the right combination of products my skin looks so much younger than it really is

• by makeithappen

Neutrogena Advancedsolutions Complete Acne Therapy System is another one of those kits that is supposed to cure your acne. Honestly I have yet to find a full kit that I could give a ten. Usually I find half of the kit works and the other half of it doesn’t. I much prefer to mix and match the products I use on my face. Not all of them treat acne so it is important for me to find the very best products possible. So considering that this really wasn’t a great product for me.

The first step is the Skin Polishing Acne Cleanser. I really didn’t like the cleanser at all. I did not like the way my face felt after I washed with it. Sure it works to clean skin but it left me with a dull look to my complexion. It is my personal opinion that a face wash should make you seem glowy. So really there is no excuse for a face wash that leaves your complexion looking dull.

The second step in this kit is the Acne Control Lotion.

This was also not very good for me. I would much rather use some sort of moisturizer that is meant to help prevent aging. This is also not a step I like to use an acne treatment in unless it is the tops. This is not the tops. I did not like the smell of it at all. It was supposed to have a fresh smell but it had a chemical smell to it. I don’t like smelling natural. I mean it does help with redness and pimples but it takes about 3 weeks or so to do it. Eh just don’t like it very much. If I give up my moisturizer for this my skin gets dry and if i use them both it dilutes this and neither one works very well.

Step 3 is Oil -free SPF 15 Lotion. Wow this is so impressive I could probably give it it’s own review and give it a 10. This is such a good idea. I am actually a very pale person with a yellow over tone. I don’t tan well because ...

• instead of browning I turn yellow. Yuck. So I try not to get any darker than my natural skin. Or at least as close to it as I can stay. So I am a in heaven with products that help protect me from the sun. I also have a history of skin cancer in my family and I am trying to be the one woman that doesn’t end up with it.

So here is why I like this. Even though I don’t get acne very often some of my other products that I use to protect my face only make the acne worse (like the tinted oil of olay color recapture SPF 15). So this means if i get a break out I can’t use the product with the normal SPF in it, booo! So of course I cant use regular sun screen either because that is way way way to oily for me.

In the past my best course of action was to treat and clean for acne and skip that step. Boo again! So I love this product because it

is one of the few oil free ways to keep and SPF on your skin and it actually does help to clear up acne. Now it is not the main think I would use to target the acne but it can most certainly be the top layer.

That means I can wash, tone, spot treat, let dry while I do my hair, moisturize, then add the Oil -free SPF 15 Lotion. I know it sounds like a lot but if I use the right combination of products my skin looks so much younger than it really is. I like looking younger, what can I say. So this product is sooo good because I don’t have to give up my sacred moisturizer or my SPF!

Sorry if I got a little long winded there! As you can see step three is the winner but I would suggest buying it alone and not as a part of the kid seeing as 2/3 of the kit aren’t very bad at all. Because 2 steps aren’t that great but the last stop rocks I will give this a 6.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348071184670531/k2311a078/7.8.10