Clearasil Ultra Overnight Serum  » Health  »
2.5
  • I know no one does but I have good skin and want to keep it that way

• by makeithappen

Clearasil Ultra Overnight Serum isn’t a very good treatment for acne. First let me tell you a little bit about my skin. I do not get bad acne and I never have. I get the rare pimple on occasion. When I do get them though they come in two or three and are very red. Being someone who never gets acne I do not like having pimples ever. I know no one does but I have good skin and want to keep it that way. I used this when I had a little break out of pimples and I really was dissapointed.

First of all the directions say to start with one application and that you have to let your skin get used to it and then to do it two or three times a day.

How is this an over night treatment if i have to put it on all day. And how is it supposed to clear up acne if it needs a few days for your skin to accumulate to it. It dried out my skin something awful and I would have rather had pimples. I felt like that was a bit misleading on their part to say this is an over night treatment.

Now if they labeled it a 3 day treatment I would say alright. It does work after that time once you are up to 3 times a day. But keep in mind I don’t have bad acne and it drys out your face. If you get bad acne then I would imagine you would use this bottle up super fast doing it three times a ...

• day and you would have a really dry face too.

So alright it works in a few days so I will at least give it a 5 for working. But I cant justifiable give it more than that. There are so many better ways to treat acne than this and I feel that this was a let down for me. If it let me down how would it let down someone who had serious acne. I just don’t think it is nice to market a product just to take advantage of someone who is desperate to have normal skin.

I would not even use this again but I have it in my medicine cabinet for emergencies in case I run out of my regular product or something. It is more of a back up cream than

anything. I could only see this product being an overnight cream if you were to catch the pimple the split second it came up. But then again if you don’t have bad acne you could probably get rid of it in some other way.

I also didn’t like the smell of this product. I know it is an anti acne treatment and it won’t smell like roses or anything. But it would have been nice if it just smelled at least a little bit better. It was really chemically smelling even for an acne treatment which is why it probably dries out the skin. Of course I have very sensitive skin too. So maybe people who have normal skin don’t have the drying effect that I do but again I have no way of knowing that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348071184570531/k2311a078/7.8.10