Spellbound book  » Books  »
2.0
  • I wasn't impressed at all with this and even felt the writing was sub-par, which pains me to say
  • Nora Roberts let herself and her readers down with this book, which had a boring and predictable story line, and disingenuous characters

• by Anasuya

Nora Roberts is one of my favorite romance authors. I’ve read almost every book she’s ever written, and that’s saying a lot because she has a very large and formidable collection of writings. I downloaded Spellbound for my nook thinking it was book one in a series she did about magical cousins, but it wasn’t the same book. Nora Roberts actually wrote two books with the same

title, and that made no sense to me at all.

In this book, the main character Calin Farrell is a photographer in need of a vacation. Ever since he was a little boy he’d have dreams about this strange girl that called to him through the ether, and these dreams followed him throughout his life, and the girl turned into a woman, and he found himself a ...

• little obsessed with the idea of her. He decides to take a break from work and travel to Ireland where his family is from and, when his car breaks down (which is way too obvious to comment on), he runs into the woman of his dreams, literally!

Apparently, he is the reincarnation of her lover from another life, and they were separated through time by an evil

warlord who wanted her for himself. It’s pretty predictable which I did not expect from a Nora Roberts book, even if it is a small Harlequin type of get-up. I wasn’t impressed at all with this and even felt the writing was sub-par, which pains me to say. Nora Roberts let herself and her readers down with this book, which had a boring and predictable story line, and disingenuous characters.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 178071184360431/k2311a078/7.8.10