The Safir Hotel Hurghada  » Hotels  »
Safir Hotel, Egypt, Hurghada, Sheraton Road 065 344290
  • The room itself was probably one of the best hotel rooms that I have stayed in, even better than some 5 star hotels in London that I have stayed
  • From the Bell Boy to the Hotel Manager every member of staff we came across seemed to love and enjoy working in this hotel, and as guests, myself and my partner not only loved and enjoyed it but we also fell in love with it too

• by Alfredfox

The Hotel Safir is situated at the end of Sheraton road, Sheraton road itself is one of the many busy streets that you will find in Hurghada, along the red sea coast. These streets are full of restaurants, shops and hotels. The Safir Hotel may be at the end of Sheraton street but that is one of the things that make it stand out from the rest.

Only 10 minutes walk from the last shop on Sheraton road, not to far away but far away enough from the noise and hustle and bustle that you get in most Egyptian streets, The Safir Hotel truly is a wonderful hotel. When you first approach the Hotel you will wonder if maybe you should had picked one further up the road. You may even worry that you have picked a dodgy 1 star hotel down the end of a dodgy street, but this couldn’t be further from the truth.

It may disguise

itself as a 1 star hotel from the outside, but when you step inside you will be very pleasantly surprised. The marble floors throughout the hotel, along with the very best air conditioning will instantly cool you down, and put you at ease from the 20 minute drive that you would had taken from Hurghada airport to get to this hotel. The staff are very polite and seem to really enjoy their jobs and will literally do anything for you. Myself and my partner turned up at 2 am when the rest of the hotel were asleep but when we told the reception that we were hungry, they rustled us both up a burger and chips on the house. The bell boy “Ehab” took our bags to our room and later on in the week even took us out to a restaurant. The staff were one in a million from start to end.

The room itself was probably ...

• one of the best hotel rooms that I have stayed in, even better than some 5 star hotels in London that I have stayed. Very large, well conditioned and very clean, along with a massive secluded balcony truly made this stay one to remember. The food in the hotel was unique and very cheap, and with 24 hours room service meant that we could order throughout the night. The best thing about this hotel however had to be the gardens and the pool. The pool was very large and clean and never seemed to get packed and had easy access to a pool bar and restaurant, and the private beach that was only around 20 yards away had plenty of sun loungers. The beach itself being manmade was a bit gritty but this didn’t bother us at all, not when we had the red sea at our tip toes.

Hotel Safir is also one of the main

hotels in Hurghada that offer the boat rides and diving excursions which mean, while other hotel guests had to make their way to our hotel to do any kind of water sports or boat rides, guests at The Safir Hotel only need walk out of their hotel room and onto the beach to do any activity’s.

If I was ever to return to Hurghada, I would always return to The Safir Hotel. It is not often that you will find a hotel in Egypt that treats you with such care and understanding, and the staff at the hotel will never disappoint you, in fact they will really put themselves out for you. From the “Bell Boy” to the “Hotel Manager” every member of staff we came across seemed to love and enjoy working in this hotel, and as guests, myself and my partner not only loved and enjoyed it but we also fell in love with it too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28071184250431/k2311a078/7.8.10