Futurama TV Episode: A Flight to Remember
2.5
  • The escape itself, however, wasn’t the best part of the episode
  • I think the best part had to be poor Fry pretending to be both Leela’s fiancé (so she could avoid the ship’s captain) and Amy’s boyfriend (so her parents would stop pestering her about not having one)
  • If you haven’t seen the episode, I would definitely recommend watching it if you get a chance to

• by Review Vigilante

I have seen the Futurama episode A Flight to Remember before. But, it had been while ago and I didn’t remember much about it.

So, when I had an opportunity to watch it with my daughter yesterday evening, I did look forward to it.

This one isn’t too bad of an episode.

Fry and the rest of the Planet Express team are invited to vacation on the inaugural

voyage of the space ship Titanic.

And, much like the ship it was named after, it is doomed for disaster and they have to escape before it ends up in a black hole.

The escape itself, however, wasn’t the best part of the episode.

I think the best part had to be poor Fry pretending to be both Leela’s fiancé (so she could avoid the ship’s captain) and ...

• Amy’s boyfriend (so her parents would stop pestering her about not having one).

OK, maybe that wasn’t such a bad thing for him considering he got to make out with both women.

The part with Bender falling in love with a robot countess was OK.

But, the episode had too much going on at once and it never really developed for me.

The episode, while not the best

one I have seen from this series, was definitely one that was worth watching.

I’m sure there will be people who will be offended by the reference to the real Titanic.

But, the episode is more of a spoof of the movie than the actual disaster so I would tell those people to lighten up a bit.

If you haven’t seen the episode, I would definitely recommend watching it if you get a chance to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 108071183960431/k2311a078/7.8.10