The Whitney Hotel  » Hotels  »
700 Woodrow st , Columbia South Carolina
  • I think the rooms could be remodeled or updated a little more , but the hotel staff was very nice and friendly

• by Gina Gott

This was an ok hotel to stay at. I think the rooms could be remodeled or updated a little more , but the hotel staff was very nice and friendly. It is good for a night or two , but for the price there are better hotels out there. We only stayed here one night .

It is a quite family oriented hotel , so that was nice. The rooms are pretty big. There was

a full kitchen , but we didn’t really cook on our stay.

Also the living room and bedrooms were spacious. The bed was nice but a little hard. The furniture was very nice and looked like it was antique.

They had an outdoor pool. I enjoyed swimming in it. It was not to crowded.

I will say that I was not happy that the only way to get the free wifi was from the lobby.

• It was not available in the rooms. That was a little aggrivating.

It cost us about $130 a night. I think that was a little much for this hotel. I probabley won’t be staying here again.

It is an alright hotel , but I just know of some better ones out there. It is a clean place to stay though. I just think it is a little run down and a little to expensive.

I

have stayed in worse places though. It is really just an average place to stay and if you aren’t going to be staying long , then you might be ok with it. To sum it up , this is not a bad place to visit.

The staff is very pleasant and helpful. It is just not a great hotel. If it were about $50 cheaper a night , then I would have been satisfied.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28071183690331/k2311a078/7.8.10