Black & Decker Wide Slot Toaster  » Housewares  »
  • I thought it was easy to just go to the mall and pick out a replacement

• by LaPinay

One of the kitchen equipments that I had to replace was our bread toaster, which before Ondoy/Ketsana, served us in good stead for several years. I thought it was easy to just go to the mall and pick out a replacement.

There were not a lot of toasters to choose from in the appliance section. We were not too familiar with the other brands that the salespeople recommended until we

came across Black & Decker. It was a bit pricey, about US$50 for the Wide Slot Toaster, but I thought that Black & Decker was a reliable brand, and so we bought one. When I went home and tried it, the knob would not stay down and so it was useless. I went back and exchanged it for another working toaster, which they did.

After the exchange, it took ...

• me quite a while to figure out this Black & White toaster. For one, the instruction sheet was not a lot of help. It did not specify the degree to which bread is toasted in every number there. It took me several times before I finally figured to adjust the doneness to my liking. This was important since my mother liked her bread just a tad toasted while I
        liked mine well-toasted. I did like the fact that there was a cleaning tray in the bottom which I only had to pull out to take out the crumbs that fall from the toasted bread. I guess this toaster took some getting use to, because after a few months of continued use, I now enjoy the breads I toast with it. Bread is toasted to my liking when I want to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538071183680331/k2311a078/7.8.10