Brita Water Purifier Pitcher  » Housewares  »
  • As I live in a third world country, clean drinking water is an issue
  • Cost-wise, and spread across the year, we spend far less than buying bottled water

• by LaPinay

As I live in a third world country, clean drinking water is an issue. Buying bottled water becomes too expensive in the long run and so we use Brita Water Filtration Pitcher to ensure that the water we drank is clean without spending a lot.

The Brita Water Filtration Pitcher is not sold just anywhere. It is a pitcher with a filtration system inside. You just

pour the water on top and the filter will clean the water. The filter itself is disposable and we just replace it every 2-3 months depending on our use. Cost-wise, and spread across the year, we spend far less than buying bottled water. My main beef with this practice is that the pitcher and the filter are not carried by most stores and sometimes it ...

• would take time before I could replace the used one. Plus, there is no indicator in the filter whether it was still working or not. It is very easy to forget to replace the filter within the recommended time.

The advantage of this pitcher is that it is a lot cheaper than most filtration system and yet it provides the same kind of protection to the

drinker. It sells for about US$20 for the pitcher and about US$5 dollars for the cartridge. It can hold up to 8 cups of water, and when water runs out, then you just run it through the tap. It is shaped in such a way as it can easily be stored in the sides of the refrigerator. With this pitcher, I have learned to drink water again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538071183670331/k2311a078/7.8.10