Himani Navratna Plus Herbal Cool Oil
1.5
  • I love doing this because using sesame oil on my scalp takes away the heatiness in my body caused by improper sleep, over exertion etc. , regulates my body temperature and keeps my eyes feeling fresh
  • My brother who was visited me saw me doing the oil treatment on my scalp and mentioned about the Himani Navratna Plus Herbal Cool oil and that he really enjoyed it and that I should also give it a try
  • The price was not much it only cost him S$3.00 for the 200ml bottle

• by true_value

Massaging my scalp with natural sesame oil is one of my favorite body cooling and hair strengthening treatments that I give myself at least once a week. I love doing this because using sesame oil on my scalp takes away the heatiness in my body caused by improper sleep, over exertion etc., regulates my body temperature and keeps my eyes feeling fresh.

My brother who was visited me saw me doing the oil treatment on my scalp and mentioned about the Himani Navratna Plus Herbal Cool oil and that he really enjoyed it and that I should also give it a try. He told me how cooling it was on the scalp and that it relieves stress and headaches almost instantly and that it

is good for blood circulation.

He really did get me interested in the oil. And since the product as he mentioned was an herbal formula I wanted to try it and see for myself. I asked my brother to get me a bottle the next time he visited.

As promised, the next time he brought a bottle of the Himani Navrathna Plus Herbal Cool oil with him. The price was not much it only cost him S$3.00 for the 200ml bottle.

The packaging was a paper carton box that had a very traditional Indian look with the picture of an Indian couple sitting happily with the snowy Himalaya in the background. Probably to emphasize how cool it is going to be. The words Relax, Refresh

& Rejuvenate was mentioned at the front of the box.

Inside the box was a simple flat looking clear plastic bottle with an old fashioned screw cap. The oil itself was red in color.

When I opened the cap I could smell a minty herbal fragrance rising from it. I wanted to try it immediately. I poured a little in my palm and massaged it into my scalp. Almost instantly I felt a tingling sensation. I applied some more of the oil and my scalp felt chill and tingled even more. It felt as though I had rubbed an ice cube on my scalp.

I picked up the box to read more about the product. At the back of the box, Himani claimed ...

• Himani Navratna Plus Herbal Cool Oil
      the oil to give relief from - Sleeplessness, Headache, Body ache, Tension, Hair related problems and that It also has medicinal benefits and useful in minor cuts and burns.

The oil claimed that its ingredients Sesame oil promotes growth of strong, dark hair, Menthol tones and refreshes oily skin, cools the scalp and helps minimize dandruff, Amla (goose berry) which is a natural source of vitamin C keeps skin cool and promotes strong and healthy hair, Camphor soothes muscles, cools and conditions the scalp and helps minimize dandruff and, Thyme tones the skin and helps strengthen hair roots and Rosemary Oil conditions the skin and helps promote hair growth.

Everything about the oil seemed good and all natural until I came to the full Ingredients list.

I saw

Paraffinum Liquidum as the first ingredient, which really put me off even though the rest of the ingredients were all, great. I do not like it because it always leaves a waxy feel on my hair and body even after bathing and shampooing.

I admit that the cooling and tingling sensation on the scalp was very relaxing and fun. But I did not like how my hair felt after washing. Just like I had feared, my hair was waxy and not moisturized. You might love this oil if you have no problems with using mineral oil on your skin and hair.

But as for me I will not be buying it again. I feel that my hair feels softer and healthier with my good old sesame oil massage.

jeanauyeung says :

I would like to know where I could buy the herbal cool oil in Hong Kong. Thanks. Please reply to my email address at jeanauyeung hotmail.com

true_value replies :

Hi It should be available in any indian store. You can also buy it online from eBay and other indian online stores. Just google it. Hope this helped.

vijay singh says :

re : I love doing this because using sesame oil on my scalp takes away the heatiness in my body caused by improper sleep, over exertion etc. , regulates my body temperature and keeps my eyes feeling fresh
i am an indian this oil is good.

Galega says :

The oil is good, but only for random use. It must not be used regularly. A BHU - IT professor has recently shown how the high content of camphor present in Himani Navratna can be harmful and prolong use can lead to neurological problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317071183560731/k2311a077/7.7.10