Brand’s Essence of Chicken With American Ginseng  » Health  »
  • Unfortunately, I couldn’t do it as I was in office
  • My mind was too busy thinking about the taste experience to notice if it was doing me any good
  • I like to warm it up as that gives me a more instant energy boost
  • I highly recommend the Brand’s Essence of Chicken with American Ginseng to everyone

• by true_value

Even though I had seen the Brand’s Chicken Essence products a lot of times in almost any store all over Singapore and not just here, their products are also available worldwide, but still I never really thought of trying it.

I used to have a colleague in my previous office, who used to drink up a bottle whenever she was feeling weak or recovering from cold or flu. Just the soy sauce like color and the awful smell was enough to make me run. Not that it was a terribly bad smell but bad enough to make me want to throw up just to think of having it in my mouth. I always used to wonder, “How do they do it?”

But then, there was this period when I was anemic and used to get exhausted very easily. Especially around that period of the month when I have my monthly cycle the loss of blood used to make me extremely weak and tired.

That one day the feeling of exhaustion was so much that I couldn’t concentrate on my work and wanted to lie down for a while. Unfortunately, I couldn’t do it as I was in office.

I was resting my head on my arms on the desk. My colleague asked me what was wrong. When I told her she quickly went to her desk and brought me a bottle of her dreaded Brand’s Essence of Chicken with American Ginseng. I told her without being rude that I don’t want it. But she insisted and said that it will do me good. Finally, reluctantly I gave in.

She warmed up the essence in hot water from the pantry and gave to me. I tried not to look at or smell it and gulped it down. It had a very salty, sour caramel bitter after taste. I took a sip of water to wash away that taste. My mind was ...

• too busy thinking about the taste experience to notice if it was doing me any good.

Surprisingly in just about 10 minutes after gulping down the essence I felt my body feel warm and relaxed. I hate to admit it but my body did feel energized and revived.

My colleague was kind enough to give me another bottle to have before going to bed, which I did and I felt so energetic and fresh the next morning.

I liked the effects so much that I wanted to buy a pack for myself and regretted not having done so earlier and to have had so much bad feelings towards it in the past.

The Essence comes in a pack of 6 and sometimes they come with 2 extra bottles when they are on promotion. The pack of 6 bottles costs around $18.00.

Each bottle has 70g of essence and is individually boxed inside the pack. The bottles are made of glass and come with

a unique tamper proof sealed cap. The product claims that it can be consumed straight from the bottle at room temperature, chilled or warmed according to one’s preference. I like to warm it up as that gives me a more instant energy boost.

The ingredients list contains the obvious Essense of Chicken, Ginseng, Caramel and couple of other herbs and does not contain any chemicals, colorants or preservatives.

The suggested usage is to use it regularly, anytime, anywhere as part of a balanced diet. But I normally only use it on days when I am generally out of form or need an extra boost of energy.

Brand’s has a few more variants of the Essence of Chicken. There is the regular, the one with Cordyceps and the one with Ginseng. As for me I have tried all of them and prefer the one with Ginseng more as I feel it revives me more.

I highly recommend the Brand’s Essence of Chicken with American Ginseng to everyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347071183510731/k2311a077/7.7.10