Futurama TV Episode: A Fishful of Dollars
  • I love how he had 97 cents in his bank account in 2000 but is now a billionaire because of accumulating interest (I didn’t do the math to see if that was correct or not) and I loved how he spends a good portion of the money buying things like anchovies
  • The twist at the end, where she is about to buy the anchovies for a great deal of money only to learn Fry intends on eating them is very funny in my opinion
  • But, I think this is one of the more memorable ones I have seen and I would definitely recommend watching it if you get a chance

• by Review Vigilante

Now that I’m re-watching season one episodes of the show Futurama, it was only a matter of time before I came across one I actually remember watching when the show was first on the air. One of those episodes was A Fishful of Dollars.

I actually like this episode because it

is one of the first to feature the character Mom; who seems so friendly on the outside but, behind closed doors, is an evil woman who is determined to control the business world.

This one has Fry craving things from his time span.

In particular, he is interested in having anchovies; his favorite pizza topping that is no longer available because they are extinct.

I love how he had 97 cents in his bank account in 2000 but is now a billionaire because of accumulating interest (I didn’t do the math to see if that was correct or not) and I loved ...

• Futurama TV Episode: A Fishful of Dollars
      how he spends a good portion of the money buying things like anchovies.

That part with Mom wanting the last can of anchovies on Earth is entertaining, especially when she reveals they are the perfect robot lubricant and would destroy her empire.

The twist at the end, where she is about

to buy the anchovies for a great deal of money only to learn Fry intends on eating them is very funny in my opinion.

There are better episodes out there than this one.

But, I think this is one of the more memorable ones I have seen and I would definitely recommend watching it if you get a chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107071183470731/k2311a077/7.7.10