Movie: Rocky Horror Picture Show  » Movies  »
  • The thing I like about this movie is the fact there is nothing that is taboo
  • The best part, for me, however, is the fact this film has so many great songs in it
  • I know I found myself humming a couple of them on my way to work this morning
  • But, even if you are a closed minded person, I would recommend opening up your mind a bit and taking the time to watch the film at least once in your lifetime

• by Review Vigilante

I was scrolling through the movies that were available for Netflix Instant Watch and was happy to come across the movie Rocky Horror Picture Show. Not having anything better to do this morning (my youngest daughter woke me up at 4 and I had two hours before I needed to get ready for work), I ended up watching it.

This is a movie that admittedly has caused some controversies since it can

be a bit offensive to some people.

But, it is also a movie that everyone needs to watch at least one time.

The thing I like about this movie is the fact there is nothing that is taboo.

The film addresses everything from cross dressing to homosexuality (and bisexuality) and does it in such a way, you really don’t feel uncomfortable watching it.

I especially love the fact this movie was made ...

• in the 1970s, when things like that weren’t as common place as they are today.

I can only imagine the impact this film had back then (I’m too young to remember).

The best part, for me, however, is the fact this film has so many great songs in it.

There are so many that will just stick in your head for days after watching it.

I know I found myself humming a

couple of them on my way to work this morning.

Yes, it’s not a film you will want young kids watching; simply because there are a lot of things you probably don’t want to explain to them.

But, even if you are a closed minded person, I would recommend opening up your mind a bit and taking the time to watch the film at least once in your lifetime.

I don’t think you will regret it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117071183430731/k2311a077/7.7.10