Movie: Biloxi Blues  » Movies  »
2.5
  • Unfortunately for me, this film just wasn’t that good
  • That alone should make it interesting (remember the movie Stripes
  • This movie was not worth my time and I would definitely not watch it again

• by Review Vigilante

I am not a huge Matthew Broderick fan but I ended up watching one of his movies last night; Biloxi Blues; mostly because I was in the mood for a good war movie. Unfortunately for me, this film just wasn’t that good. I loved Christopher Walken in this movie as the drill sergeant.

But, other than that, the film is one of those movies that is really

hard to watch from start to finish without wanting to turn it off. Basically, it is about a group of young men entering an army boot camp near the end of World War II.

That alone should make it interesting (remember the movie Stripes?). However, instead of a comedy, it was a movie that just didn’t work either as a military movie or as something that would ...

• make you laugh.

Broderick, I will admit, made every effort. But, his Ferris Bueller like performance really didn’t do much to help the plot at all.

My biggest pet peeve about it was the fact all the men did was complain. It would be one thing if they were drafted.

But, they volunteered for service. I’m sorry, but if you enlist as part of your own free

will, you have no right to start complaining about everything and anything.

And, when I say complaining, I mean it sounds like my 5-year-old whining when she doesn’t get her way; not them complaining as a form of satire. This movie was not worth my time and I would definitely not watch it again.

If you haven’t seen it before, count yourself among the lucky and rent or buy a different army movie instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117071183420731/k2311a077/7.7.10