Futurama TV Episode: A Big Piece of Garbage
  • The best part for me was how they continued to trash our generation for having so much garbage and not recycling everything

• by Review Vigilante

Well, finally, I got another episode of Futurama that was actually pretty good. This one, entitled A Big Piece of Garbage, focuses more on the professor and his accomplishments; in particular, we are introduced to the smell-a-scope, a tool that allows you to smell things in space and ultimately leads to the discovery of a big pile of garbage (launched into space about 50 years earlier) that

is returning to Earth.

The first part of this episode was actually funny with the professor facing off against his former student and both of them being old and senile.

But, the rest of the episode was actually pretty classic.

The best part for me was how they continued to trash our generation for having so much garbage and not recycling everything.

But, in the end, the ...

• solution is littering and forming yet another trash ball to launch into space at the first one (to knock it off course).

That irony is what got me hooked on this show the first time I saw it (when I was in college).

Of course, I later learned this was an episode I probably shouldn’t have had my daughter watching with me.

There wasn’t anything that was

overly unsuitable for her or anything like that.

Instead, after seeing it, she began to mess up our living room because she was trying to create her own garbage ball like on TV.

With the exception of that, however, I do feel this episode was one that was worth watching and it is one of the episodes I feel everyone should take the time to watch; whether they like the show or not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107071183400731/k2311a077/7.7.10