Movie: What Happens in Vegas  » Movies  »
  • The plot is a bit farfetched in my opinion but it really does work
  • If you haven’t watched it, I would recommend taking the time to do so
  • I think you’ll be laughing non-stop throughout

• by Review Vigilante

As I mentioned in another review, I had a chance to watch a couple movies yesterday evening (it was raining out and there wasn’t anything good on TV). One of the films I re-watched for the first time in a couple years was the movie What happens in Vegas.

This movie stars Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz as a couple that meets in Vegas, gets married as a joke

and, before they can get the marriage annulled, wins $3 million on a slot machine.

Because neither wants to give up the money, and because a judge orders them to, they end up actually having to live together as a married couple.

The plot is a bit farfetched in my opinion but it really does work.

They are merciless when it comes to pulling some pretty nasty pranks on ...

• each other (because they can’t stand each other).

But, predictably, they do end up falling in love and that does make it a great date film.

I wasn’t a big fan of Dennis Miller as the judge in this movie though.

It’s too good of a comedy to be putting in someone who simply is not funny and just doesn’t seem to fit that role at all.

I can

think of a dozen other actors who would have been better.

And, Queen Latifah is too good of an actress to be given such an insignificant role as a marriage counselor.

Despite those two small flaws, I would say this movie is about as perfect of a film as you will find.

If you haven’t watched it, I would recommend taking the time to do so.

I think you’ll be laughing non-stop throughout.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117071183360731/k2311a077/7.7.10