Movie: The Comebacks
2.0
  • I got a longer lunch today than normal (to avoid working overtime) and ended up being able to watch a movie on TV
  • I think the answer to that was I didn’t like it the first time because it wasn’t very good this time either

• by Review Vigilante

I got a longer lunch today than normal (to avoid working overtime) and ended up being able to watch a movie on TV. I came across the film the Comebacks, which I had seen before but, since I couldn’t remember much about it, couldn’t remember if I liked it or not.

I think the answer to that was I didn’t like it the

first time because it wasn’t very good this time either.

The film, which is basically a spoof of sports films, is OK.

But, it is also one of those movies that feel like you’ve watched it 100 times before.

Everything about it is predictable and I could pretty much guess at the punchline of the joke before they even started telling it.

The ...

• basic format of the film was to do the exact opposite of what appeared in the film it is spoofing.

That part gets old very fast just because, if you have seen the original movies, you just know what is going to happen.

The movie did have some funny parts in it.

But, those parts were few and far between and usually involved

things that didn’t really affect the plot all that much.

When it got to the main storyline, the movie was just ordinary.

If you haven’t seen this movie before, it is worth watching once.

But, don’t expect too much from it.

In other words, it isn’t a classic film like Airplane.

In fact, after re-watching it, I don’t think it was even as funny as Airplane II.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117071183310731/k2311a077/7.7.10