Safeway Brand Designer Coated Bowls, 24 Pk
  • I like that it’s a nice festive overall dot design, rather than a wimpy pastel floral or something
  • Actually, I bought some of the matching paper plates thinking I would need them as well
  • I think maybe it’s because it’s not as likely to tip over on the bed or the couch and holds more food for snacking

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

These are about the cutest paper bowls I’ve seen in a long time. I like that it’s a nice festive overall dot design, rather than a wimpy pastel floral or something. Something about the orange, red and pink dots together says party to me and puts me in the mood for snacking.

They are nice and deep and wide for individual bowls. That makes them perfect chip bowls for one or two people to share. I do this a lot, probably more than I should. Being disposable means the cleanup is easy when I’m naughty and decide to bring food to bed with me. I can easily pop the bowl in the waste basket when I’m done and dispose of the evidence.

Actually, I bought some of the matching paper plates thinking I would

need them as well. But more often than not, I reach for a bowl instead. I think maybe it’s because it’s not as likely to tip over on the bed or the couch and holds more food for snacking. I think these bowls would be excellent for movie nights. These bowls would look great holding popcorn and would hold a lot of it.

These also make pretty good pet bowls for my cats. That might be my favorite thing about them right now, because washing wet cat food off ceramic bowls after it has dried is a real pain. Also, it’s gross. I’d really prefer it if I didn’t have to touch the stuff with my hands. For a while, I was using small paper plates to address that situation. Again, these are better than ...

• paper plates for that because the bowl is stable. Unlike a paper plate it stays put, and the cats don’t have to go chasing their food around the kitchen like they do with the little paper ones.

The other thing these are great for is soup. They hold up surprisingly well to hot liquids. The next time someone in my household gets a cold or flu I’m going to insist on these. Apparently, these are microwavable as well, but I haven’t tried this yet.

I try not to use these paper bowls all the time because I feel it’s wasteful. But, the convenience and easy clean up makes it hard to resist. Actually, they’re sturdy enough that they could be rinsed out carefully and reused. Anyway, I don’t have a dishwasher in my tiny kitchen so

I feel that gives me the right to use paper plates from time to time. I really appreciate having them for making it so I have fewer dishes to wash. I think also psychologically speaking, knowing that makes me a little more relaxed in the evenings.

These bowls come in packages of 24 only. This is another reason I feel like I have to be a bit precious with them. If only I could buy them in bulk! As it is, they would probably not be the most economical choice for an office situation or large families, because I think people would like using them too much. Still, I think these are great for casual entertaining or just feeding yourself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537071183300731/k2311a077/7.7.10